what have you done to your car today ?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
After running the standard DV for a few days , can safely say its better than the forge. Theres way more crispy action going on with the OEM unit
Took mine out today with its new standard valve.
Definitely better than with the forge.
A lot quieter aswell.
So other than a slight note on idle and when flat out from the exhaust, its no different from standard.

Reactions: Sparkie

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Took mine out today with its new standard valve.
Definitely better than with the forge.
A lot quieter aswell.
So other than a slight note on idle and when flat out from the exhaust, its no different from standard.

I really like the tssssshhhhht sound from my turbo smart so it’s going back on.

This is a picture of me
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Rich.T

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
That’s inaccurate mate vin diesel has more than 15.

And I got 100 gears and direct injection nos on a red button seriously though that first film is amazing

"Warning!!! Danger to Manifold"

"Shut up!"

Floorpan falls out.

Wat...?

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
41e74267b033281f415c5e9923eb0269.jpg

So I’ve stripped all the sound matting out to dry it out - only started off changing the radio!

Question is whilst I’m there is it worth doing anything else? I know dyno mat is over rated but is it worth replacing the stock insulation with something better?
Or anything else to do whilst everything is out - apart from a clean and doing the door seals - I need new components front and rear anyway.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020

So I’ve stripped all the sound matting out to dry it out - only started off changing the radio!

Question is whilst I’m there is it worth doing anything else? I know dyno mat is over rated but is it worth replacing the stock insulation with something better?
Or anything else to do whilst everything is out - apart from a clean and doing the door seals - I need new components front and rear anyway.

Ideal time if you're going loud stereo with amps and all that 👍

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Only when I got old enough and understood more did I realise why my dad called them bullshit

It's like Monty Python in that part - intake or exhaust manifold?

African or European swallow?

Reactions: Sl1ced

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent

If you've gone that far mate I'd throw in a selection of Silent Coat products, decent quality and cheaper than the bigger well known brands.
I've used it on several cars over the years and my Leon is almost completely covered in it.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scotty_b

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
If you've gone that far mate I'd throw in a selection of Silent Coat products, decent quality and cheaper than the bigger well known brands.
I've used it on several cars over the years and my Leon is almost completely covered in it.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Any recommendations on products and places to read about installation etc? Don’t really fancy putting all the old insulation back in but it’s fairly thick so guess it needs to?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members