eBay cable and software?

Erdeke

Dec 27, 2013
It's an electronic chirp not the horn. I will bugger about to see if I can get it swapped around to 2 for lock and 1 for unlock.

I found a link to a Youtube video on the Dutch Seat forum. Unfortunately this is my first post in this forum, so I'm not allowed to post URL's. So here's the URL in plain text (just copy to your browser and it will work). Maybe one of you guys can post it as a real link.

youtu.be/RkDO8Hyanx4

Last edited:

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I got the chirp to work no probs. I know some people were having issues, just be careful with your german.

It's a bit **** that it's one for lock and 2 for unlock though.

Also done the fans, staging, mirror dip, drls at 30% when headlights on, actuator muted, red door light in individual and trip computer mpg knocked back 15%.

What's the actuator muted?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
What's the actuator muted?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Should have said sound actuator. In sports mode it does not have the sport sound. I don't like it on the diesel.

Got a few more to do later.

Last edited:

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Oh, the sport sound actuator. I might enable the alarm chirp this weekend but hope it's the electronic one you have rather than the horn like one.

Last edited:

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Thanks for your vid links Dean. I like that chirp sound over the car horn sounding in the first vid Erdeke linked to as I think that could get very annoying. Will definitely be activating the chirp on mine :)

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Been busy then Dean :D

Just about to have a swatch at the rest of your vids, had a nosey at the chirp one a mo ago and like AJ I prefer it to the horn, the wooden xylophone describes it well.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
I have to give credit to the better half for that ;-)

I'm in the car now doing a few new ones. Headlight washers now only spray every 10 times not 5

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
so is the coding for the chirp (xylophone) the same as the horn? Does something called ATA confirm then appear in the menu options, had this on a Skoda previously.

Thanks

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
You can choose type and length. Yes you can add the option:

4emu2yty.jpg

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
I'm in the car now doing a few new ones. Headlight washers now only spray every 10 times not 5

Dean, are you using the VCDS - How to Guide in the FAQ section to carry out these mods or another source? As I don't think I saw that headlight washer and DRL mod in there last time I looked.

Cheers

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
I've read about activating rear drls? is this referring to setting the rear sidelights through VCDS to be on permanent or at a reduced % or have I got it totally wrong altogether?

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Just ordered my VCD through the link from rcopos. Thanks Dean for the help and advice! Look forward to making a few changes when it arrives :D