1st drive today for 8 week! :D // but wasn't all plain sailing :s

Deleted member 32025

I haven't read all this thread on the last few pages, and it's probably been mentioned but is it timed up right?
The timing belt may have slipped a tooth/notch or maybe 2, so it might be sparking in the right order and maybe even at the right time but there's not enough compression (valve slightly open) causing it not to fire up. Also it's very difficult to try problem solve when your not doing the work direct. just my 2p.

Ads_Vag

If in doubt... FLAT OUT!!
Feb 23, 2011
Warrington
www.extremebhp.com
I haven't read all this thread on the last few pages, and it's probably been mentioned but is it timed up right?
The timing belt may have slipped a tooth/notch or maybe 2, so it might be sparking in the right order and maybe even at the right time but there's not enough compression (valve slightly open) causing it not to fire up. Also it's very difficult to try problem solve when your not doing the work direct. just my 2p.

yeah i'm sure hes checked the timing belt aswel & i know wish half of the peeps on here lived closer to me :/ :( !

I don't think she was mate, she's just asking :(

oh ok :(

Ads_Vag

Feb 23, 2011
Warrington
www.extremebhp.com
She LIVES once again!!! :D :D :D but with slight problems :/.....

*got a slight water leak from the side union (or whatever its called)
*when the injectors where checked 2 of the injectors wern't pumping but then released so now all 4 are pumping
*been running for over half hour now so compression test been done on the head and its slightly down on compression
*and now the ignition timing just needs timing up :D

just heard my baby running on the phone lol.... i love that noise lmao :D :D

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
shes still my baby though haha :p not telling me your cars not your baby haha

and i know yeah, ive just got to find the money to pay first lol :/

Ooh, thats no good. Yes, yes, she is my baby, and the thought of selling her etc, even if its for a better car, has me umming and arring over whether its the right thing to do, what if my little car gets a horrible owner next blah, blah, blah.... Its really quite sad isn't it?

Ads_Vag

Feb 23, 2011
Warrington
www.extremebhp.com
Ooh, thats no good. Yes, yes, she is my baby, and the thought of selling her etc, even if its for a better car, has me umming and arring over whether its the right thing to do, what if my little car gets a horrible owner next blah, blah, blah.... Its really quite sad isn't it?

i know pal, and good haha! yeah i know that feeling ive been saying that bout my car... do i fix n get rid or fix and keep, and you'd wonder who owns it next if they wreck it or ruin what youve already done to it etc... so no your not sad at all mate :)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
It's funy though, I really like my car but it must be one of the worst for sucking money I've had lol. I'd by another seat in a flash too and would probably have the same issues but would still love the barsteward.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Glad to hear that you have got it running again mate!!!

I know Im exactly the same, tbh I dont want to sell mine and see it wrapped round a tree. Which will definetely happen in my area when you see the driving of the people who have just passed their tests.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.