1st drive today for 8 week! :D // but wasn't all plain sailing :s

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
It could mean that he has put the leads on wrong and that it's all firing out of order, that could stop it from firing up.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Bollox, a new engine wont solve anything, it's got nothing to do with it. It's the rest of the stuff connected to the engine and your guy sounds to busy to get properly stuck in

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Your car was running but had a fault, now your mechanic has fooked it up and it won't start at all.

Your mechanic sounds like he is way out of his debth and it's only a mk2 Ibiza. WFT would he do with a mk5 Ibiza 1.4 twin charger 180?

Don't pay him, take your car to a proper mechanic or sell it to me for 20 quid and I will fix it and sell it on.

My money is on the dizzy being 180 degrees out.

Ads_Vag

If in doubt... FLAT OUT!!
Feb 23, 2011
Warrington
www.extremebhp.com
Your car was running but had a fault, now your mechanic has fooked it up and it won't start at all.

Your mechanic sounds like he is way out of his debth and it's only a mk2 Ibiza. WFT would he do with a mk5 Ibiza 1.4 twin charger 180?

Don't pay him, take your car to a proper mechanic or sell it to me for 20 quid and I will fix it and sell it on.

My money is on the dizzy being 180 degrees out.

It's had new dizzy onit mate :/ firing order is correct, theres fuel and a spark but won't ignite together :/

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
just suggest the dizzy timing, its a fairly common thing to crop up on them when replaced, as for text, i cant find my phone, and its on silent! doh

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
If he just lines up #1 then line the rotor on the dizzy just a bit before it and take it from there, if it's getting spark and fuel then it's not getting them at the right time.