A quick question about the IPOD Kit

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
HI,

My new Ibiza (due next week) has been built with the IPOD kit fitted. I know the adaptor cable plugs into the USB socket, and also a 3.5mm headphone jack plugs into an aux socket. Can anyone tell me if the aux socket is fitted next to the USB on cars with the IPOD kit factory fitted? (It is in the new Leon) I am a bit worried you may have to use the standard fit Aux in socket, leaving a lead trailing from the IPOD cradle to it.

Cheers

Ian

Corte

Hi,

im pretty sure when you put your ipod into its cradle it will alow you to listen to your music without the need of plugging in the aux cable into it. It will also charge your ipod when in the cradle :D

Cheers

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
^ this

the cradle basically lets the headunit treat the ipod as an external harddrive, much like any other iPod docking station type music system.

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Hi,

im pretty sure when you put your ipod into its cradle it will alow you to listen to your music without the need of plugging in the aux cable into it. It will also charge your ipod when in the cradle :D

Cheers

Thats good news then. It appears to be done differently in the latest Leon. Both the USB and aux leads from the cradle have to be plugged in for that to work.

Ian

allym1982

Hi

I haven't taken delivery of my new car yet (due next week). It hasn't got the ipod connection - can I get it as an afterfit from a dealer? Or a self fit

allym1982

Thanks Night Flight

Will see how I get on with the AUX In to begin with and take it from there.

Ally

jnbeachbum

Sorry to hijack this thread but similar themed question...

Ordered my new ibiza with the ipod/bluetooth pack and was wondering if anyone knows if its compatible with the iPhone??

Many thanks
John

Corte

hey John

I have an iphone aswell and when i went into the seat garage i tried connecting my iphone to the bluetooth, it seem to connect fine but didnt recieve or make a call from it should be ok though.

Cheers
Corte

allym1982

hi all.

i took delivery of mine today and as I had an Iphone it wouldn't fit in the cradle. I also have a ipod classic at home and have tried it and it fits and AUX is displayed in the dash but no music is played or anything detailed on the screen. I've tried unplugging the usb and aux cable but to no avail.

I'm thinking it a dodgy cradle and will call the dealer but wondered if anyone else had any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ally

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
hi all.

i took delivery of mine today and as I had an Iphone it wouldn't fit in the cradle. I also have a ipod classic at home and have tried it and it fits and AUX is displayed in the dash but no music is played or anything detailed on the screen. I've tried unplugging the usb and aux cable but to no avail.

I'm thinking it a dodgy cradle and will call the dealer but wondered if anyone else had any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ally

Hi,

I have one too and have a dedicated cap ipod. Its only a 2G nano but seems a better idea. The system works well, but sadly it adds a pause between all tracks... pretty useless on mix cds!! I think the cradle converts the output to mp3, with canor be played gapless. Ah well.

Let me know how you get on

Ian

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.