Altech's Ibiza, Replacement Is Here! Can You Guess What It Is? Pg 33

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
ive got mine booked in for wednexday this week, hopefully will turn out good, i dont want a light tinit as i dont see a point in tinting them really, but then again im not gonna go jet black, just somewhere in between, al get pics up when its done

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
i bought a new centre grill off ebay, for like £6 in order to try mess about with the badge like yyours, red background etc....what did u use to make the S anthrecite?

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
i bought a new centre grill off ebay, for like £6 in order to try mess about with the badge like yyours, red background etc....what did u use to make the S anthrecite?

The 'S' isn't actually anthracite, It's the same colour as my wheels...which is Hurricane Grey.

I sprayed the main part of the grille anthracite by firstly spraying the whole grille Hurricane Grey...then after that I lightly dusted over the grille with Nimbus grey. I bought the paint from Halfords.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
HID Kit

My car has been a bit neglected and dirty for the past few months :( (I spend 75% of my time at work in the cold, so the last thing that I want to be doing at the weekend is washing my car :p I might treat it this weekend however :))

My mate bought me a HID kit for my 21st, unfortunately it turned out to be a bad kit that glared massively! So we shopped around a he got me a kit from HIDS4U. Here are the results - It's a Pro+ kit with H7R bulbs 8000k

Before

P1010450-1.jpg

Hids warming up

P1010453.jpg

Hids after warm up

P1010455.jpg

Close up before

P1010449.jpg

After

P1010454.jpg

I'm really pleased with them as they look a lot nicer than the halogens and also improve vision at night. I still need to get some LED sidelights to match. Bit of a fiddly job to fit them... had to remove the bumper and headlights to install the kit!

What do you think?

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
They look far too blue when warming up, but they look superb when in the 3rd pic. I've always fancied a set of HIDs, I'm just to lazy to get them converted.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
They look far too blue when warming up, but they look superb when in the 3rd pic. I've always fancied a set of HIDs, I'm just to lazy to get them converted.

They are only blue for about 5 seconds whilst the kit warms up...after that they turn white :)

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
Awsome thread, just read right through it!!
When you changed from the standard bumper to the cupra did you have to get new fogs or did the old fogs fit into the holes for the cupra bumpers?

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
New Year Update

Time for a New Year picture update and some better pics of my R32 style exhaust!

I hadn't washed my car for a few weeks due to the crap weather. The weekend before Christmas was fairly warmish so I decided to give it a good clean and polish. I tried Turtle Wax Ice for the first time and I was very pleased with the results. It's very easy to apply and remove and only took about 20mins to do the whole car. The best bit about TWI is that you can apply it to the bare plastic parts on the car and it brings them up really shiny.

Here are a few before and after pics

P1010527.jpg

P1010531.jpg

P1010528.jpg

P1010539.jpg

And some better pics of the R32 style exhaust

P1010538-2.jpg

P1010546.jpg

P1010541.jpg

P1010537.jpg

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Here you can see how well the plastic has come up

P1010532.jpg

And a couple of randoms

P1010533.jpg

P1010535.jpg

I still need to get some LED sidelights but have been put off them recently due to a few members complaining that they don’t last very long. Can anyone recommend some that will last?

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
:lol: It does look really bad. I'm not sure whether to get the polo aero one or just to get rid of it completely

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I still need to get some LED sidelights but have been put off them recently due to a few members complaining that they don’t last very long. Can anyone recommend some that will last?

I had the £11.50 ones from HIDS4U and they looked a treat - had them a good few months too and they seemed stable compared to the others I had. :)

Deffo a thumbs up from me.

Polo wiper = win. (Just did that to avoid the filter)

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
I had the £11.50 ones from HIDS4U and they looked a treat - had them a good few months too and they seemed stable compared to the others I had. :)

Deffo a thumbs up from me.

Polo wiper = win. (Just did that to avoid the filter)

Cheers mate i'll have a look at the Hids4u sidelights...hopefully the discount code still works!

I'm really happy with the front aero wipers that I fitted a while ago. If the rear is as good i'll defo go for it.

The filter for f t w makes me laugh everytime I read it!

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Polo rear is good, but it looks loads better than the older style one! I swapped mine over, one of the first things I did. Wasn't slagging off your ride height... I'm hardly one to comment!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.