Bazzle's Ibiza Cupra GT2x Build

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008
Whoops!

Need to match in your engine bay too :p or are not bothering about that?

Not botheres, no one see's it but me. Hardly goin to drive past witht he bonnet open lol. Not exactly a show n shine car anyway, debating a strip and cage. :)

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008
coming on awesome baz:D

Any question or owt just give us a shout....Defo get them T-bolt jubliee clips tho :D

Cheers bud, you were right. Glad you convinced me to go for the bigger power. Was worth every penny to see the looks on the faces of scooby and evo drivers as you pull along side lol It'll be back :D:D

Do have one question bud. CR turbos the best guys for the job? and would you recommend a MBC or an electronic one? :D

jamiebennett81

Do have one question bud. CR turbos the best guys for the job? and would you recommend a MBC or an electronic one? :D

both will effectively do the same, depends if you are going to fit, adjust and forget, in that case get the MBC

or if you want optional Hi/Low settings etc, then get an EBC

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Cheers bud, you were right. Glad you convinced me to go for the bigger power. Was worth every penny to see the looks on the faces of scooby and evo drivers as you pull along side lol It'll be back :D:D

Yeah Cr turbos are the ones who built the on you've got...If funds allow get a EBC but a MBC is just as good and run a healthy 1.4bar like i did...was a true weapon then...

you got a manifold yet mate?

jamiebennett81

Yeah Cr turbos are the ones who built the on you've got...If funds allow get a EBC but a MBC is just as good and run a healthy 1.4bar like i did...was a true weapon then...

you got a manifold yet mate?

if you do go for a manifold, get the INA high flow one

fits well and the runners are larger than the Kinetic manifold, and its also a bloody good price, around £200 dependant on the exchange rate

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008
Got 20 of these clamps to hold it together at the mo, should do the jobbie :D
8246293973a11233143964l.jpg

Id prefer a high and low boost settin so prob the ebc, low boost for a daily driver so i dont kill the seals again and high for if a scooby comes my way :D

Nah man no manifold yet, the seals goin messed up my plans. So will get it off sometime this week the weather permits and give CR a buzz. prob wont be back for a good few weeks now though as im on holiday and spent most my funds lol

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
if you do go for a manifold, get the INA high flow one

fits well and the runners are larger than the Kinetic manifold, and its also a bloody good price, around £200 dependant on the exchange rate

Yup He's spot on for a change lol....Theres also the THS one which is very good too for slighty cheaper..

But please stay away from the ATP one....It isnt worth a penny...Its mapped to 19psi on the n75 IRRC so run a MBC like i did and tweak it to 21psi...Defo makes a whole world of difference...

EDIT:

What seals the GT2X Seals? It was built less than 1500 miles when i had it..

jamiebennett81

Yup He's spot on for a change lol....Theres also the THS one which is very good too for slighty cheaper..

But please stay away from the ATP one....It isnt worth a penny...Its mapped to 19psi on the n75 IRRC so run a MBC like i did and tweak it to 21psi...Defo makes a whole world of difference...

shut you "oh my god my worlds falling apart, car is going......oh no now its staying, oh now im going BT blah blah blah" TART

sorry Bazzle, its a personal thing:cartman:

anyway, on with your build:D

EDIT: What seals indeed, are you saying the seals on the turbo have gone already? :confused:

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
shut you "oh my god my worlds falling apart, car is going......oh no now its staying, oh now im going BT blah blah blah" TART

sorry Bazzle, its a personal thing:cartman:

anyway, on with your build:D

EDIT: What seals indeed, are you saying the seals on the turbo have gone already? :confused:

Hahah Thanks Anton xxx

yeah surely it aint the turbo seals as it was fully rebuilt and i mean everythin was replaced..

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008

EDIT:

What seals the GT2X Seals? It was built less than 1500 miles when i had it..

Righto man, got that noted and will deffo goin for some other sort of mbc, i just had the N75 which let it spike quite alot, hence why i think the seals went.
MBC or EBC are deffo the way to go. I had an MBC but no idea where i put it.

Yeah the turbos pissin out oil. Fine on idle, took of the boost pipes and rev it up a little bit and it showered my engine bay. I know it was fine when i got it though so im deffo fittin a boost controller of some sort this time round.:)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Righto man, got that noted and will deffo goin for some other sort of mbc, i just had the N75 which let it spike quite alot, hence why i think the seals went.

Yeah the turbos pissin out oil. Fine on idle, took of the boost pipes and rev it up a little bit and it showered my engine bay. I know it was fine when i got it though so im deffo fittin a boost controller of some sort this time round.:)

Can u not send it to cr turbos and say its went as it hardly covered 2000 miles..i can send the recipt to you...

Probs get it done for free?

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008
Can u not send it to cr turbos and say its went as it hardly covered 2000 miles..i can send the recipt to you...

Probs get it done for free?

Please bud, any help would be appreciated, i couldnt really understand it myself. I read your thread of everythin that was done to it and its basically new. Just thought it was one of those things. Bad luck. But thanks. That would be awsume of you :)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com

Also when u say pissing out oil is it coming from the turbo or the line (Feed) going in to the turbo unit at the top?

Don't forget its got a 1.5mm restrictor for the oil which brings the pressure down..So if it aint done up tight it will leak oil..

It done the same with me So i ditch the 90degree bit and put it straight on which then it was spot on..

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008
Also when u say pissing out oil is it coming from the turbo or the line (Feed) going in to the turbo unit at the top?

Don't forget its got a 1.5mm restrictor for the oil which brings the pressure down..So if it aint done up tight it will leak oil..

It done the same with me So i ditch the 90degree bit and put it straight on which then it was spot on..

Its actually comin out the turbo and through all the boost pipes. Like dont even need to rev it hard and it sprays the engine bay with the boost pipe off, There is absoloutly no movement in the shaft though, so i just put it down to the seals. Thats all deff tight, first thing i looked at. :confused:

Bazzle

Aug 28, 2008
where did you get the pillar one fro ifyou dont mind me asking?

Was already on the car when i got it bud, try ebay. If i were you id go for a nomad pillar pod, it looks factory, same colour as your apillar with 2 holders for guages, is about 75 quid though.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.