BTCC Brands Hatch post race thread!

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
CH1 said:
I saw her @ Silverstone -was a good race for her. But what happened at Brands??? (I wasn't there and didn't record the race)

She had a reasonable tussle with Proctor, Curley and Williams all day but gave Collard a big nudge into Graham Hill bend in race 2 and I think she retired damaged in that one. A bit naughty, but she's learning fast how to make up places Touring car style :;):

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Nyteshade said:
I kept thinking I should just wander up and introduce myself to people but the moment never seemed quite right.

I was going to intercept you at some point, I had identified you from Silverstone with the Pug 306 (and purple hair) so was going to have a word especially since you were in the same motor & colour as mine at Brands. ;)

But the opportunity never presented itself. :(

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
Absolutley gutted I missed it Sunday, car wouldn't start (flatmates been using it to jump his van without telling me [:@] ) and mates that are up before lunch on a sunday are non-existant so was relegated to watching it in ITV where I think we saw you all parked up, needless to say someone is going to be doing the washing up for quite a while yet!

Would have loved to have seen Matt Neal finally win the title, he and his family blossomed my love of the BTCC as a kid back in the days with the Team Dynamics BMW's. I had a friend who's dad raced in the clio cup and were very good friends with the Neil family so used to spend alot of time in the paddock watching the team at work, great bunch of people thoroughly deserved win.

and yes Fiona would get it!

flashbsd

fiona pushed the seat out the way a few times, pickford i think.

I must say the halfords team are quite dirty drivers, seem to always push the side of the other cars because they are doing stupid overtaking manouvers forcing the other bloke off the track.

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
flashbsd said:
fiona pushed the seat out the way a few times, pickford i think.

I must say the halfords team are quite dirty drivers, seem to always push the side of the other cars because they are doing stupid overtaking manouvers forcing the other bloke off the track.

Blimey! That's rich coming from a SEAT supporter. Plato is the king of punt!! Still it does make things interesting!!! :funk:

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
Muzorewa said:
I was going to intercept you at some point, I had identified you from Silverstone with the Pug 306 (and purple hair) so was going to have a word especially since you were in the same motor & colour as mine at Brands. ;)

But the opportunity never presented itself. :(

You should have...funnily enough we saw you and were gonna do the same.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Nyteshade said:
You should have...funnily enough we saw you and were gonna do the same.
Sh1t - How did you know it was me - I haven't got purple hair (actually less & less with every meeting, but that's another story), and I didn't have the little girl with me this time! Although I'm in trouble for that, she was unimpressed with camping at Snetterton, and after we'd been in a Travelodge at Knockhill she said she wanted to come next time and sleep in the little bed (the sofa-bed) but we wanted a break from her so just said we were going to Maidstone to watch 'things'. If we had said Brands Hatch she would have known because she's been there before. Anyway, when we got back she saw the programme in my bag - Whoops! :doh:

It could have been embarrassing depending on what time we spoke - when I visited the latrines for the first time it became apparent that I had been walking around all morning with my flies undone :redface:

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
Muzorewa said:
Sh1t - How did you know it was me - I haven't got purple hair (actually less & less with every meeting, but that's another story), and I didn't have the little girl with me this time! Although I'm in trouble for that, she was unimpressed with camping at Snetterton, and after we'd been in a Travelodge at Knockhill she said she wanted to come next time and sleep in the little bed (the sofa-bed) but we wanted a break from her so just said we were going to Maidstone to watch 'things'. If we had said Brands Hatch she would have known because she's been there before. Anyway, when we got back she saw the programme in my bag - Whoops! :doh:

It could have been embarrassing depending on what time we spoke - when I visited the latrines for the first time it became apparent that I had been walking around all morning with my flies undone :redface:
The yellow t shirts !!!!!!

and I was not awake enough to notice low flying anything so you would have been ok.

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
coxw said:
Ditto - twice I've follwed you into a BTCC event and twice me & my missus have had the conversation about that bull. Seen it on cars in Spain, but not before in the UK.
Glad it is not just us then :D

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Nyteshade said:
tee hee.

Btw B/f wanted to know what the bull means??
I could say it's a symbol of supreme male verility, but then again you've seen me :rolleyes:

Bull
If you travel through Spain there are huge billboards visible for miles in the countryside of that bull. On that website look at the Osborne Bull section (in English :doh: ) and there's a map of Spain showing where they all are.

Lots of Spaniards have that sticker on the back of their car, so Spanish car, driver who can string a few words of Spanish together (especially useful to direct lost Spanish truckers around Manchester & Liverpool) and enthusiastic about hispanic culture, and ¡Voila! (that's French, by the way)

They also do similar stickers in Portugal, but theirs are back-to-front, don't know if it's something deliberate to distinguish themselves from the Spanish.

Anyway - I wasn't the only one in a yellow t-shirt :confused:

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Muzorewa said:
I could say it's a symbol of supreme male verility, but then again you've seen me :rolleyes:

Bull
If you travel through Spain there are huge billboards visible for miles in the countryside of that bull. On that website look at the Osborne Bull section (in English :doh: ) and there's a map of Spain showing where they all are.

Lots of Spaniards have that sticker on the back of their car, so Spanish car, driver who can string a few words of Spanish together (especially useful to direct lost Spanish truckers around Manchester & Liverpool) and enthusiastic about hispanic culture, and ¡Voila! (that's French, by the way)

They also do similar stickers in Portugal, but theirs are back-to-front, don't know if it's something deliberate to distinguish themselves from the Spanish.

This is also where I'd seen it, too many nights in Spanish bars drinking cheap brandy :doh:

Veterano brandy

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
Muzorewa said:

Bull

ah ha, that makes sense.

Both you and offspring in yellow shirts, we also noticed you at silverstone. ;)

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
orca said:
Blimey! That's rich coming from a SEAT supporter. Plato is the king of punt!! Still it does make things interesting!!! :funk:

ha ha to true, that's why we love Mr Plato tho, remember at the WTCC at Silverstone the MC asking what his race tactics were to the reply "well you' know me, brake a bit late take a few risks, probably get on the rest of the drivers nerves"

at least you can say Jason "King of the Punt" Plato is an honest man.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise