Buying a Cupra TDi ... Help needed!

burrell

Nov 27, 2009
Falkirk
Hey all, I've been on the look out for a diesel Cupra for a bit now to replace my Pug 306 HDi, and I have a budget of £5k. I've found one that seems mint for £5200, 89k miles, apparent FSH ... but it's 300 miles from me, so to view it, I would need to be pretty certain about buying it!

Do we think this price seems reasonable? I'm concerned as it seems almost too good a price!

Also is there anything specific to the diesels that I should look out for? I've had a read through the buyers guide and it seems more angled towards petrol versions ...

Forgive me for being a bit dumb but I'm new to Leons. All help is appreciated as I'm planning on phoning about it today so knowing things to ask would be useful :)

Thanks

(EDIT: Just realised there's a TDi section so mods could you move this please if it would be better in there?)

Last edited:

burrell

Nov 27, 2009
Falkirk
Its been on there a good few days now, pics and discription seem fine so wonder why it hasn't sold? :confused:

Yeah that was my thoughts exactly ... i was thinking there must be something I haven't picked up on. I'm going to phone later about it anyway. Planning on asking about the cambelt and clutch if they've ever been done as that's 2 expensive jobs. Other than that I'm assuming just to make sure everything works.

burrell

Nov 27, 2009
Falkirk
I have heard clutches can be quite expensive but I've no reason to believe it will need a clutch.

I spoke to the woman tonight and she said it's been serviced by the book everytime but doesn't know the exact ins and outs of it. She's going to get her husband to phone me later to tell me more about it.

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
When I bought my Cupra TDI over 2 years ago it was best part of double that again fsh history, hadd 33k on the clock, so seems a good price. Ask if it's had a cambelt done, should be done around 60-80k or 4-5 years can't remember which, some places quoted me £400 to get belt done

burrell

Nov 27, 2009
Falkirk
Well ... I've just sealed the deal at 4900 lol! So here's hoping it's a good one. You should all be seeing a lot more of me around here now :D

Degsy

Apr 5, 2010
Merseyside
well done mate I picked my 2004 tdi cupra up last thursday loving every minute of it...
not a bad price mate I managed to get a good deal on mine 4750 fsh leather interior..

ill get some pics up soon, let us know when you get it

D.

carl325

Oct 4, 2009
Had my FR 150 TDI for 2 weeks now and love it, paid £3500 for it on a 54 plate, my mates ex lease car, has higher miles 112,000. but full Seat history from new and one careful owner all motorway miles,
will get pics up soon.

Good luck with the car!

carl325

Oct 4, 2009
I sure did. Knowing that it's been to a main dealer for every little thing and serviced on the nose at 10k, just had aircon service, cambelt not due till 160,000 miles, has 4 matching michelin pilot tyres, 2 keys + the black plastic one. It's got a few stone chips on the front bumper and surrounding area due to motorway miles all it's life.
It had a recall for the leaking door sill on the passanger front door gather this is well common on the Leon's

Am very pleased with it, had a mk4 GT TDI 150 VW GOLF and that was an absolute heap and i know they run the same engine and chassis etc but it was one thing after the other going wrong, overboost, flywheel rattle, limp mode,axle bushes the list is endless!:blink:

Degsy

Apr 5, 2010
Merseyside
Good Buy mate,
just on the keys I only got one key with mine its a remote. when new what do you get 2 remote keys an a normal blade key?

cheers
D.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.