Buying a Cupra TDi ... Help needed!

Degsy

Apr 5, 2010
Merseyside
Cheers, looks like I will be writing to previous owner when I get V5 back with a slim chance he still has it, as cant do flip upgrade without it, unless could I buy a blade of the bay and then do it?

:think:

D.

burrell

Nov 27, 2009
Falkirk
Well I picked mine up at the weekend, and I would show you all pics but I can't even link to my photobucket cos I've not made 15 posts ... :thumbd:

I'm pretty chuffed with it though, full Seat service history, pretty much mint condition bar a few small stone chips on the front, but I have got a few minor issues with it. One being that, although the air con works, the engine fans don't come on with it, and I was under the impression that they should.

Also I think there might be a wheel bearing on the way out :( I did drive it 350 mile home without a problem and not a single noise! It's making like a slight humming sound which gets louder as I turn right (weight on nearside), and goes away when I turn left ... so I'm thinking it's the bearing. What you all think?

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
When you turn the aircon (which is classed as the superior Climate Control) do you also press the AUTO button? Otherwise the fan speed and hi/low/forward vent use it set manually with the right hand buttons.

I don't really get AUTO, is blows air out of all the vents as much as possible until the desired temp. is reached, then cuts down a bit. Prefer to do it meself.

burrell

Nov 27, 2009
Falkirk
I don't really get the Auto function either to be honest. Like you say it just seems to do the same job as doing it manually.

What I was meaning though is when I press the aircon button, below the auto button, it engages the engine compressor and I can feel it getting cold (although it doesn't seem that great, maybe need a regas?), but the engine fans don't come on. From when I read the buyers guide it seemed to make out that they should but I didn't actually check that at the time, I just made sure the aircon actually worked.

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
Cheers, looks like I will be writing to previous owner when I get V5 back with a slim chance he still has it, as cant do flip upgrade without it, unless could I buy a blade of the bay and then do it?

:think:

D.

i got a flip key for mine and i only had the standard remote key...

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
i got a 2 button flip key off the bay . had a new chip and blade with it. took it to the local locksmith and he cut and programed it for me. works like a dream ever since

burrell

Nov 27, 2009
Falkirk
i got a 2 button flip key off the bay . had a new chip and blade with it. took it to the local locksmith and he cut and programed it for me. works like a dream ever since

Nice one cheers! I might just do that ... did you just get one according to what it says in the sticky guide?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.