sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Darren I have just been scanning thought the last few pages and I love the updates. The carbon work looks awesome, massive massive fan. Your new wheels set your car off very nicely indeed.
Also you crazy fool, 170 pages long:lol:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
It finished.
It's fitted.
And I'm finally happy with having a cone filter in my engine bay :D

I've decided not to use the bit of pipe that pushes the cone into the wing as there is a lot more airflow around the filter without it, also the ally tube sat a long way inside the filter I dont know if it was restricting airflow inside the cone.

I've got 3 more parts on the list to do now, next will probably be the MAF housing [B)]

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Darren I have just been scanning thought the last few pages and I love the updates. The carbon work looks awesome, massive massive fan. Your new wheels set your car off very nicely indeed.
Also you crazy fool, 170 pages long:lol:

Thanks Sam :)
I've had the car 6 yeas now so the thread has been going for a while :)

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Absolute class Darren! The finish of the lead edge looks so good! The MAF pipe will look ace. I remember you having a go at CF'ing the black plastic surround located over the bonnet latch surround; it was an awkward shape and the CF didn't take. Would you consider having another go now that your skills/confidence have grown? I saw Sam Bryant's 4m wrapped one and it looked rather nice, even in 4m.

I look forward to future updates :)

P.S. I hope the splitter is holding up nicely?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I think to do that bit it would need to be vac bagged due to all the curves, I might give it another go soon or sub the job out.
The splitters holding up well :) I do need to check the underside to see how much its wearing but so far so good.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
You can never have too much carbon :D

The resins is a bit lumpy, there was a small hole in the 1st coat of resin that I wanted to fill so I hung the piece upside down to prevent the resin from running out of the hole

Last edited:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I'm at it again :D
Not what you want to see when unrolling 2M's of carbon fibre :(

Dans splitter for his R32

This is my 4th go at wrapping this and getting it to a level that I'm happy with,

Wing mirror back's

Last edited:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I last time I tried to do this bit it didn't turn out too well

11072009252.jpg

11072009254.jpg

11072009253.jpg

I think I was asking a bit much for my first attempt.

But I've learnt a bit since then so I thought I'd give it another go

So far so good, the resin has taken a good grip on the cloth this time, it's been for a good 6 hours nor and there's no lifting , the resin should be pretty much cured now, Depending what it's like tomorrow I'll trim off the excess and give it it's first coat of clear resin