Digital / Virtual Cockpit retrofit yet?

May 7, 2020
I was told, due to the age of my car, a Rev B unit would not be compatible with my car or keys. The Rev B uses a different Immobiliser system compared to the Rev A. However no difference in functionality.
the age of your car ? Which model ?please

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
the age of your car ? Which model ?please
Generally speaking:
Original VC was pre MY19 cars, before Sep 18.
Rev A is MY 19 cars Sep 18 to Sep 19.
Rev B is MY 20 cars Sep 19 onwards with some cars still being fitted with Rev A.

Nov 16, 2020
Evening guys, you'll have to excuse my very foundation knowledge of retrofitting as I'm very new to this. I'm looking to get my Seat Leon FR Tech 1.4L 150ps 17 plate retrofitted with a virtual cockpit (VC).

I don't know whether my car has MIB2? I'm not entirely sure what MIB2 is or how to tell what I've got... Is it at all possible to get my car retrofitted with 5F0920790B/A as I don't see the point in upgrading my standard cockpit to 5F0920790 when it basically just digitises it. I'd quite like the central rev counter and maps to be visible if I were to spend the money and get it retrofitted.

I don't have a 'view' button on my steering wheel either and from what I can tell that seems relatively important... any advice is appreciated

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Evening guys, you'll have to excuse my very foundation knowledge of retrofitting as I'm very new to this. I'm looking to get my Seat Leon FR Tech 1.4L 150ps 17 plate retrofitted with a virtual cockpit (VC).

I don't know whether my car has MIB2? I'm not entirely sure what MIB2 is or how to tell what I've got... Is it at all possible to get my car retrofitted with 5F0920790B/A as I don't see the point in upgrading my standard cockpit to 5F0920790 when it basically just digitises it. I'd quite like the central rev counter and maps to be visible if I were to spend the money and get it retrofitted.

I don't have a 'view' button on my steering wheel either and from what I can tell that seems relatively important... any advice is appreciated
Contact Kieran @ https://eastyorkshireretrofits.co.u...rtual-cockpit-retrofit?variant=34924292079781
What Kieran doesn't know about retrofitting isn't worth knowing!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

17 Plate will be MIB2, however not sure if its new enough to support the optic fibre cable that goes to the VC for the map view. If it doesn;t have that you have the choice of either:

1) Not having maps on the VC (only directions same as none VC) but all the other functionality.
2) Getting an updated MIB2 unit, but that's another £800 on top of the £800 VC.

Jan 7, 2021
Anyone knows the part number for VC in TGI vehicles. I have a Seat Arona TGI. The difference is that the oil level indicator is replaced by the CNG level indicator

Jan 13, 2021
Does anybody know the what the part number is for the multifunction buttons with the 'View' button for a DSG car with paddle shift? Struggling to find the part number. Cheers

Jan 13, 2021
Sorry, I'm back again. Basically, I'm planning on getting Virtual Cockpit installed in my SEAT. I'm getting hold of the parts for it. I've got a used virtual cockpit now. How can I view the mileage on it? Can I remove the trim on my car, take the clocks out and plug in the virtual cockpit to view the miles, then plug my old clocks back in while I get the other parts? Would this cause problems with my existing clocks with component protection or anything like that? Cheers

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Sorry, I'm back again. Basically, I'm planning on getting Virtual Cockpit installed in my SEAT. I'm getting hold of the parts for it. I've got a used virtual cockpit now. How can I view the mileage on it? Can I remove the trim on my car, take the clocks out and plug in the virtual cockpit to view the miles, then plug my old clocks back in while I get the other parts? Would this cause problems with my existing clocks with component protection or anything like that? Cheers
Sadly its not just a straight swap to check, as it needs coding to the car etc. I'm not even sure you can just put the old one back in after either.

Who you getting to fit the new unit?

Reactions: browncaravan

Jorre

Feb 21, 2017
If you disconnect your cluster from the car, the long coding of abs/brakes module is set to all 0’s.
Also some basic settings will have to be redone.

Jan 13, 2021
Sadly its not just a straight swap to check, as it needs coding to the car etc. I'm not even sure you can just put the old one back in after either.

Who you getting to fit the new unit?

Thanks for the quick reply. Sadly, I was fearing that was the case. I think its around 21.5k miles but who knows if that is true or not. I've looked into a couple of people but I've not gone any further than that at this stage. I'm about to obtain the cockpit trim, multi-function buttons and really need to change my MIB to the one with a MOST port. Do you know anyone in the Northamptonshire area for fitting? Also, do you know what the difference between 5F0919719DYMS and 5F0919719DCZH are? It says one is silver, and one is black, but I'm unsure if it's talking the colour of the buttons, or the trim colour of the outside of the unit. Cheers for your help.

Jan 13, 2021
If you disconnect your cluster from the car, the long coding of abs/brakes module is set to all 0’s.
Also some basic settings will have to be redone.

Ah right, thanks for that. I won't attempt that then - I guess I'll just have to trust what I was told about the mileage :unsure:

Jorre

Feb 21, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply. Sadly, I was fearing that was the case. I think its around 21.5k miles but who knows if that is true or not. I've looked into a couple of people but I've not gone any further than that at this stage. I'm about to obtain the cockpit trim, multi-function buttons and really need to change my MIB to the one with a MOST port. Do you know anyone in the Northamptonshire area for fitting? Also, do you know what the difference between 5F0919719DYMS and 5F0919719DCZH are? It says one is silver, and one is black, but I'm unsure if it's talking the colour of the buttons, or the trim colour of the outside of the unit. Cheers for your help.

FYI:

mib1/2 no Most (VC can be retrofitted):
No nav maps on VC, only directions as on FIS.
No album art, radio station logos, no telephone contact images

mib2 std with most: you have to choose between maps on VC or infotainment screen...can’t have both.

mib2 high: maps can be displayed on VC and infotainment simultaneousl.

Jan 13, 2021
FYI:

mib1/2 no Most (VC can be retrofitted):
No nav maps on VC, only directions as on FIS.
No album art, radio station logos, no telephone contact images

mib2 std with most: you have to choose between maps on VC or infotainment screen...can’t have both.

mib2 high: maps can be displayed on VC and infotainment simultaneousl.

Thanks for that - all understood.

I dont think my current MIB without MOST port is for me - i'd be after the full experience.

MIB2 standards are quite common and can obtain one of them fairly easily at a reasonable price.

MIB2 High would be what I'm really after but they seem quite rare on the 2nd hand market and quite expensive. VW/Skoda/Audi ones are more common, but not sure if they can be pre-programmed with the SEAT stuff or whether the car would get upset with the one of their model numbers. Even so, these aren't terribly cheap.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.