DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I'm afraid my engine compartment isn't gorgeous like some others.... it's work in progress but I'm tidying as I go along now.....

different though!
CIMG0089.jpg

CIMG0086.jpg

CIMG0069.jpg

CIMG0068.jpg

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Blimey...good work though DPJ. How long has your project been going on for then? what's the car pushing now?

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
bloody hell dave how hard was it to do all that?? any tips as im wanting to clear out a few bits and i noticed the nest of tubes by the filter lol

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
bloody hell dave how hard was it to do all that?? any tips as im wanting to clear out a few bits and i noticed the nest of tubes by the filter lol

Fairly easy, Rob. You need a blanking plate to get rid of the SAI, silicon vac line, clips,resistors, coolant. I used this vortex guide.

Depending on how your oil catch is set up, the oil breather off the crank case is a doddle on the Leon, far easier than the guide.

Last edited:

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
cool cheers dave just wondering are you running a boost controller yet??

even so that guide lost me will try and see what happens when i do it lol

Last edited:

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
thought so is that the red vac pipe in front of inlet mani??

i bought a greddy one going to fit this week so i can get map settings adjusted then off i go better boost and kicks in quicker

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
yes i did fella, i suppose this is the bit where you say i was going to but it wasnt good enough for what i wanted??

so on your pics can you see the pipe work for the gauge?

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
It's been developing engine wise over the last 6 months. Power wise, who knows?

Today's efforts, long overdue...............

P1010064.jpg

That's got rid of a pile of extras! Bye-bye SAI, N249, PCV and EVAP! :D

:headhurt: Fecking hell Dave, you've been busy. When your wife said that part of your newyears resolution was to get rid of all the crap you don't need, do you really think she mean't under the bonet. I just emptied my wardrobe of shite and took it to Oxfam. ;)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
cool just wondering as im going to be fitting mine and not that greatly minded at tech stuff

Any time, Rob. PM me if you like. :)

:headhurt: Fecking hell Dave, you've been busy. When your wife said that part of your newyears resolution was to get rid of all the crap you don't need, do you really think she mean't under the bonet. I just emptied my wardrobe of shite and took it to Oxfam. ;)

:lol: The psychadelic shirts and loon pants are safe for another year, Carl. :D

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Air con next dave? ;)

Looking good tho, some nice looking bits, only problem i see at the moment is your blue hoses for the catch tank wont stay blue for long with the oil in them.

I'm guessin your not running the hose back to your TIP?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Air con next dave? ;)

Looking good tho, some nice looking bits, only problem i see at the moment is your blue hoses for the catch tank wont stay blue for long with the oil in them.

I'm guessin your not running the hose back to your TIP?

No, I like aircon!

The catch hoses were what I had available Phil, I know I should be using oil resistant, I'll get it changed when I've finalised the layout. The catch tank is easy to empty at the front, I just disconnect the sight hose at the top and point it down to drain it into a little bottle. The other hose on the catchtank goes to the road. I've now got dedicated vac sources on the manifold for DV, Gauge and FPR. :)

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Snap. lol.

You'll notice the tank filling up a hell of a lot more now without the PCV valve under the mani so i'll give it about 2 months before the hoses go green.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.