Gravesie LCR Progress Thread - Back on the road ! :) 29/12/2012

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
Story goes, picked her up tuesday just gone . . .

55 Plate
42,000 miles
FSH
Tested till November

Blah Blah Blah . . . Bought it from SG Petch in Darlington for a price i couldnt refuse!

Im a mechanic so i had a look around it on Wednesday after work and found a couple of goodies on it . . .

Forge 007p DV
Miltek Cat back
And some sort of short shift . . .

Now with these mods, i suspect it will have been mapped aswell, but a rolling road day in the near future will confirm whether or not this is true :)

Today she is going back to SG Petch because i also found 3 tyres out of shape, and im not paying for them haha :censored:

Anyway, after i have been there i am going to shoot up to work to start cleaning her up properly, of course a camera will be taken and pictures uploaded later . . .

Keep your eyes peeled :D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Story goes, picked her up tuesday just gone . . .

55 Plate
42,000 miles
FSH
Tested till November

Blah Blah Blah . . . Bought it from SG Petch in Darlington for a price i couldnt refuse!

Im a mechanic so i had a look around it on Wednesday after work and found a couple of goodies on it . . .

Forge 007p DV
Miltek Cat back
And some sort of short shift . . .

Now with these mods, i suspect it will have been mapped aswell, but a rolling road day in the near future will confirm whether or not this is true :)

Today she is going back to SG Petch because i also found 3 tyres out of shape, and im not paying for them haha :censored:

Anyway, after i have been there i am going to shoot up to work to start cleaning her up properly, of course a camera will be taken and pictures uploaded later . . .

Keep your eyes peeled :D
If your a mechanic are you not more worried why the tyres are out of shape rather than the fact that they are?
Could be fecked shocks or non XL tyres.
With VAG com you could log the MAF readings and post these up, we'll be able to tell you from this whether its mapped or not and save you £40 from the RR.
We can also tell you the BHP from these figures too but not torque.

Looking forward to your mechanical input in the MK1 Leon section

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
I would have to find a VAG com first though, and im new to this scene so dont know anyone with one!

Ive checked the shockers and all the rest of it, its spot on apart from the tyres, and i reckon its just because they are cheap. They are only avons, but i cant afford to be putting F1s on and SG Petch wont be £110 a tyre, unfortunately :(

Just took some pictures of her, will post them up now :)

Ive only drove home and its dirty again ! :(

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
The picture quality is really poor, couldnt be bothered to get the D60 out, way too cold!

DSCN3412.jpg

DSCN3413.jpg

Its all about the Brembos ..

DSCN3414.jpg

Cat-Back Milteck

DSCN3416.jpg

Such a comfy seat . .

DSCN3418.jpg

DSCN3419.jpg

DSCN3419.jpg

Little bit of Forge . . .

DSCN3423.jpg

DSCN3424.jpg

Just fitted some L.e.d number plate lights aswell, but didnt bother with a picture because it is light anyway ....

Once ive had it on the rolling road and seen what its actually running im probably going to get an induction kit and T.I.P before i start doing anything, even revving it early at stand still, you can see the flex in the o/s/f boost pipe, which isnt cool, so either some samco or forge hoses will replace them as time goes by . . . :)

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
I would have to find a VAG com first though, and im new to this scene so dont know anyone with one!

Ive checked the shockers and all the rest of it, its spot on apart from the tyres, and i reckon its just because they are cheap. They are only avons, but i cant afford to be putting F1s on and SG Petch wont be £110 a tyre, unfortunately :(

Just took some pictures of her, will post them up now :)

Ive only drove home and its dirty again ! :(

i have a vagcom mate :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.