Ibiza Cupra 20V Turbo K03S *Seat Sport OZ Super T's Page 5*

5cotty

237.3 BHP, 228 Lb/Ft
Nov 6, 2009
South Wales
Imperial Blue Seat Ibiza Cupra 20V Turbo

237.3BHP, 254.5 lb's/ft torque (RR By GotBoost Llandow) 20-02-2010

Work Carried Out So Far (Not By Myself, By The Previous Owner)

Engine:

- K03S (K03-052) Turbo
- Jabbasport re-map
- 3" custom downpipe
- 100 cell racecat
- Jetex s/s centre and rear exhaust
- Forge 007p re-circulating DV
- Forge silicone turbo intake pipe
- 4 Bar FPR
- Uprated engine and gearbox mounts (Badger 5)
- SAI removed with forge blanking plate
- N112's removed
- N249 by passed
- Blue silicone vaccum hoses
- Polished inlet manifold
- Polished rocker cover
- Polished dipstick
- Polished oil cap

Pictures Will Be Posted Soon
:D

Last edited:

5cotty

237.3 BHP, 228 Lb/Ft
Nov 6, 2009
South Wales
Sorry! =\

Its running 225bhp at the moment . . . . A few tweaks and a new intercooler and map should sort things out, and push the BHP up a little.

As for the 280BHP as the header I thought id put it as that because thats where im aiming a few months down the line =] and didn't want to have to create another post about the same car ... lol

Sorry for the confusion :happy:

5cotty

237.3 BHP, 228 Lb/Ft
Nov 6, 2009
South Wales
Silly Billy....

Cheers Josh!

Noobs huh? what would you do without us! :p

Just changed the header to stop the confusion :D

Pictures up soon guys, getting on it today!

5cotty

237.3 BHP, 228 Lb/Ft
Nov 6, 2009
South Wales
Just found out that my car used to be a K03S . . .

Which explains why its only pushing a mere 225BHP from a K04, because its still running a K03S map . . .

Looks like its time for a new Jetex air filter, LCR injectors and a fmic and a stage 2 map! :p

Pictures will be following soon guys just need a nice day to arrive for me to clean and polish her ;) don't want to put photos up of her dirty :)

Just found out that my car used to be a K03S . . .

Which explains why its only pushing a mere 225BHP from a K04, because its still running a K03S map . . .

Looks like its time for a new Jetex air filter, LCR injectors and a fmic and a stage 2 map! :p

Pictures will be following soon guys just need a nice day to arrive for me to clean and polish her ;) don't want to put photos up of her dirty :)

Can't believe it doesn't have a FMIC. Are you sure it doesn't??

Go for stage 3 buddy with a K04! Get a 3" MAF housing (LCR) also and away you go!

5cotty

237.3 BHP, 228 Lb/Ft
Nov 6, 2009
South Wales
It only has the original one :blink:

Dont ask :p i think the bloke who had it before me took loads of kit off it :(

I.e Brembo's, Air Filter :blink:

Couple of tiding up jobs to do then i will defo look into stage 3! :yes:

Cheers dude!

5cotty

237.3 BHP, 228 Lb/Ft
Nov 6, 2009
South Wales
Disappointing weekend!

Rain, rain and guess what? more rain. . .

Not been able to do anything to the Ibiza :(

Not even take a decent photo! [:@]

Maybe sometime in the week ....

5cotty

237.3 BHP, 228 Lb/Ft
Nov 6, 2009
South Wales
The work has began!

Finally got round to emptying my oil catch tank and boy was I in for a big surprise! the inside was disgusting! about 3-4mm thick walled with sh*t!

Photo039.jpg

The inside of the lid...
Photo040.jpg

Inside the catch tank itself...

As you can see the pictures speak for themselves! clearly had not been emptied by the previous owner in a while...

5cotty

237.3 BHP, 228 Lb/Ft
Nov 6, 2009
South Wales
After the cleaning!

So I went out to the garage, popped open a can of my favourite stuff (GUNK)

Photo041.jpg

And gave the inside a good old clean

Used a brush to help shift the sh*t, and hey presto clean as a whistle... just about :p

Photo042.jpg

Inside the lid after a good old clean
Photo043.jpg

Inside the tank after the clean

While I had my head under the bonnet I had a sniff around and noticed, just in the nick of time, one of my coolant pipes had been resting on the timing belt :blink: good job I noticed before it burnt rite through the pipe...

Also... (haha it just keeps coming) I popped open the passenger side headlight to check on the bulbs cos its been on and off these past few days on the way to work. To my surprise the entire one side of the plug had completely melted :( but not to fear a bit of handy work with the long nose pliers sorted the problem.

Photo028.jpg

Basically the plug wasnt making a good contact with the spade on the back of the H7 bulb, meaning it was jumping electricity from the plug to the rear of the bulb. Which over time was causing a very large amount of heat to build up causing the damage seen in the picture. All that needed doing was bending the pins back tight causing them to sit nicely onto the back of the bulb :D job done!

A quick look at the fuse box on top of the battery (just in case as I know these are common problem areas on Cupra's) But it was all good as the previous owner had a brand spanking new one installed!

Photo029.jpg

Thats all for now more to follow soon, when it stops raining! :p

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
is this a ko4 001 or a ko4 023? my bet is its a 001, take a pic of your turbo/down the back of the engine and post it up

5cotty

237.3 BHP, 228 Lb/Ft
Nov 6, 2009
South Wales
Here you go mate dunno which one it is myself, the previous owner just said it had a K04 on it =\ but i think it used to be a K03S ...

Anyway here the picture dunno if its what you wanted ...

Photo034.jpg

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
thats ko4 001 near enough ko3s not alot at all between them, the ko4 023 is very different, you will not see 280bhp out of this turbo, your running 225bhp because thats all that turbo will flow with no fmic ect,your need a fmic to see another 10/15hp and you wont get heat soak

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise