Indicator Bulbs for Leon - What pin config?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
hey all

I want to get some silvervision type indicator bulbs for my car - for FRONT and REAR.

What pin configuration of the PY21W bulbs do i need? I don't have my manual handy as its back at parents house......

Are both front and rear bulbs offset pin? Halfauds guide contradicted what I thought (wouldnt buy them from there anyway - just popped in to use their table thingy)

If someone could confirm I'd appreciate it! Thanks

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
It's offset pin that you want because the bulbs need to be tinted.

Doesn't say in the manual, just that it's really difficult to do the front ones and you should take it to a service centre.

adam_tdi

dervmeister
Feb 27, 2005
walsall
www.peugeot-gti.net
the way i undrestood it is all the orange glow bulbs for clear lenses are offset pin and clear (white) bulbs are equal pin. when i ordered mine (osram) from powerbulbs theer wasn't an option of pin type so i just ordered them and they were fine mate.

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
md078 said:
It's offset pin that you want because the bulbs need to be tinted.

Doesn't say in the manual, just that it's really difficult to do the front ones and you should take it to a service centre.
Eek! Sounds expensive! It takes a bit of disassembly of the light covers etc but that's all part of the charm. A colleague of mine has a Golf IV and the sidelight has gone. You can only change it by dismantling the front of the car - cost £50!

I put Osram diadems in mine and they suit the front better I think - give a cool blue look in the indicator reflectors. However they don't suit the back so well as they are quite blue - wish I'd got silverstars for those but there you go!

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
Don't worry, it's jsut a scam. It took me 10 minutes to do the all 4 headlight bulbs and the front and back indicators. I can see it being an hours labour at the garage.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I've done all my other bulbs, (bar fogs) and they were easy. So I'm gonna tackle the indicator bulbs myself too.

Gonna get me some offset silvervisions on order then - for front and back :)

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
You don't even need to unclip the covers to get to the indicators so they are really simple.

Went to halfords top get a bulb for my work van. The bulb was £3 but they could fit it for another £5.

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
adam_tdi said:
the way i undrestood it is all the orange glow bulbs for clear lenses are offset pin and clear (white) bulbs are equal pin.

I just had a look at one of each - you is correct

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
so i need offset pins on the silvervision bulbs then, cool cheers :)

what would clear(white) bulbs of the PY21W variety be used for then? cos they wouldnt be indicators? Unless some cars use white bulbs but with an orange coloured housing?

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
i changed my front indicators to halfords blue look ones, (actually made by ozram) fantastic looking , nice blue glow. only took 5 minutes to change and i'm pretty useless at this kind of stuff normally, side lights were a right bar steward to do but i managed, put blue led's in, again these look great, only worry might be atracting the attention of the plod. :cop:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.