I've only gone and got rid of my beeza!

unitzero

Ex SEAT owner
Mar 20, 2007
Nuneaton
After alot of deliberation and a few test drives ive finally bit the bullet and traded my Ibiza in.:cry:

I have exchanged my 06 IBIZA 1.4 sport for a 2004 Graphite Blue VW Bora 1.9 TDI SE 40'000 miles on the clock with black leather interior, cruise control, heated seats, ESP etc.

I'll post some pics when i pick it up next weekend!:funk:

Aimez

i like the boras, my mate had one same as yours i think, it had heated seats and two cup holders brilliant!he bought it with a nice set of after market chrome alloys on stuck a sub in it and loved it for 9 months. He then got bored and got a focus ST.....then a vx220......then a impreza....!

unitzero

Ex SEAT owner
Mar 20, 2007
Nuneaton
I'm hoping i dont get bored too soon!, Ive been told by the missus that i'll get a slap if i get yet another car next year!! ive only been driving 3 years and have had a new one every year:whistle:

I already have plans for it ie. a remap, lowering, a subtle boot spoiler and maybe some HID action?:funk:

Its a bit of a shame as i only just put a seatcupra.net sticker on my beeza last week.

I'll still be around anyway.

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
My old man,'s got a bora tdi se, sounds loads quieter than mine, no road noise, can barely hear engine on tickover inside the car, and super smooth (although a bit boatlike) ride. Good choice of motor mate! Will definitely need to lower it before you start lobbing it round the bends tho :lol:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
glad your staying in the dub scene! hopefully whoever you sold the car to will see the scn sticker and become a member too :) i like bora's diffrent!

Aimez

I'm hoping i dont get bored too soon!, Ive been told by the missus that i'll get a slap if i get yet another car next year!! ive only been driving 3 years and have had a new one every year:whistle:

I already have plans for it ie. a remap, lowering, a subtle boot spoiler and maybe some HID action?:funk:

Its a bit of a shame as i only just put a seatcupra.net sticker on my beeza last week.

I'll still be around anyway.

sounds good, you sounds like my mate we worked out the longest he's kept a car is 9 months, and that was the bora! He's getting a porche next year but he says where do i go from there, having a porche at 25?!

unitzero

Ex SEAT owner
Mar 20, 2007
Nuneaton
yeah, keeping the scn sticker on for the next guy/gal. sold it to VW dealers in Nottingham as thats where i found the Bora.

I could have got a golf tdi but they are sooo common i couldn't bring myself to do it.

Dozza.13 you dont reccomend me chucking it round roundabouts like i do with the beeza? i spose i'll learn the hard way if i give it too much beans.

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
By all means lob it round roundabout mate, just watch you dont scratch all the paint off your door handles with all that body roll, lol, bora definitely needs lowering as its handling will feel boatlike after the ibiza!!! :D

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
U'll need it! :lol:

Only jokin mate, im sure it will handle brilliantly as soon as you get it slammed! :D

unitzero

Ex SEAT owner
Mar 20, 2007
Nuneaton
Unfortunatley not i was looking for a 130 but... I ended up making a compromise and getting the 100:doh: as the price and the leather was tempting me over the power. A remap may be on the cards soon(ish) but i'll enjoy the extra power for a while compared to my current 74bhp and whatever money i have spare (i wish!) will be going on some springs - not coilovers - don't start - i can't afford them!!!:(

plus as i have only 2 yrs NCB the insurance is slightly better too

But...when i put the reg. no into confused.com it popped up as PD TDI 130 - you never know, the dealers could have it all wrong and sold me a faster car. if only.

Last edited:

unitzero

Ex SEAT owner
Mar 20, 2007
Nuneaton
just the 5 i'm afraid. I wasn't getting my hopes up too much!

at least it doesn't have the horrible wood effect interior trim i would have had to let it go .

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
at least i get ESP with it.

there is a reason why the Bora comes with ESP standard, trust me you will find out when you take your first corner too fast. mk4 golf and Bora, lovely cars but never blessed with handling ability.

unitzero

Ex SEAT owner
Mar 20, 2007
Nuneaton
lol, yeah the wood trim can easily replaced but at about £200-300 for all the trim/panels!

VW%20Bora%20Accessories%20Wood%20Kit%20Pre%20Woodec%20View.jpg

AAAAGH!

The Highline has a few extra bits that i would have liked but when i saw this SE had the leather interior i was instantly impressed its like a £1400 option from new. when the guy informed me that they were also heated i was super impressed!
actually i'm unsure what extras are on the highline now as mine has steering wheel controls, cruise control, rain sensing wipers. no parking sensors though! you KNOW i'll be reversing into the front of my house the 1st time i get it on my drive!!

Well looking foreward to picking it up - even more so now as i was on the phone to a loan company trying to get a good rate when the Father in law says that he'll lend me the money with zero interest! so basically i'm paying no more now than what i was paying for the Ibiza finance.

Plus less tax and cheaper fuel bills.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise