Jabbasport/ Pro alloy Fmic results

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Logged Custardcupras (IHI stage3 22-23psi) car today multiple consecutive 4th gear 2000rpm to 7500rpm runs (3-4) resulted in a max of 39 oC inlet temp this is with aquamist but no methanol. Looks good to me and its seems like its well upto the job.:D

TBCupraT

Limp Mode Squad ™
Logged Custardcupras (IHI stage3 22-23psi) car today multiple consecutive 4th gear 2000rpm to 7500rpm runs (3-4) resulted in a max of 39 oC inlet temp this is with aquamist but no methanol. Looks good to me and its seems like its well upto the job.:D

Logged Turboboy's Stage 3 IHI last Wednesday. The same results without water/meth injection. We did multiple passes 3k-7.5k peaked at 38 oC.
7.5k in 4th is bloody scary. :-o

It's a very good Intercooler.

Is his main purpose of w/m injection cooling or Detenation control?

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I'm looking to get a fmic for the LCR and these are looking impressive. Do you have any more tech info such as core pressure loss and what timing advance if any this intercooler allowed.
Cheers

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
just wondered guys if a few of you are interested maybe we can speak to pro alloy and maybe get a GB as im after one to. let me know what you think??

Koomorph

Oct 31, 2005
S London
All sorted for the group buy mate! :) Spoke with Wayne at Pro Alloy today he's given me discount prices for the group buy - ranging from 10% for 2-4 people to 25% discount for 10 buyers. I'll post all the details up in the group buy section later today or tomorrow latest. Got this all in writing from him in an email too. Top chap!

Raf

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
In the sticky it's got all our addy's - if you can copy to all of us, then whoever's least busy can reply!

We do have preferences that the 'GB' owner is the supplier where possible

Koomorph

Oct 31, 2005
S London
m0rk said:
We do have preferences that the 'GB' owner is the supplier where possible

Will do - not sure what you mean about the above though - Pro Alloy are the supplier - but doubt they would post directly on the forum. However quoting from Pro Alloy's email: "We normally set up a special section on our web page with a forum link- that way the participants can order securely online at the discounted rate."

Raf

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
once we look at the email (still waiting) and decide if wh0ring the forum out to a company that isn't a sponsor is something we want to do.

Koomorph

Oct 31, 2005
S London
once we look at the email (still waiting) and decide if wh0ring the forum out to a company that isn't a sponsor is something we want to do.

:lol: Whoring??!?! What are you talking about??? This is a professional first rate company that supplies intercoolers and radiators to the motorsport industry - and is being decent enough to offer discounted rates to forum members for one of their products - and that I took the time to ask about - the least you could do is be a bit more optimistic and professional yourself about the whole affair Mr Admin ...... :doh:

I'd understand if this was "Joe Blogg's intercoolers".... but come on... it's Pro Alloy! ..... or am I experiencing a similar response that a certain member called Ben had when he tried to set somethign up with Pace?

Raf

Triple D

Logged Turboboy's Stage 3 IHI last Wednesday. The same results without water/meth injection. We did multiple passes 3k-7.5k peaked at 38 oC.
7.5k in 4th is bloody scary. :-o

It's a very good Intercooler.

Is his main purpose of w/m injection cooling or Detenation control?

Just out of curiostity, what would 7.5k rpm in 4th gear be speed wise?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
:lol: Whoring??!?! What are you talking about??? This is a professional first rate company that supplies intercoolers and radiators to the motorsport industry - and is being decent enough to offer discounted rates to forum members for one of their products - and that I took the time to ask about - the least you could do is be a bit more optimistic and professional yourself about the whole affair Mr Admin ...... :doh:

I'd understand if this was "Joe Blogg's intercoolers".... but come on... it's Pro Alloy! ..... or am I experiencing a similar response that a certain member called Ben had when he tried to set somethign up with Pace?

Raf

then you've not read the sticky about GB's

it's our decision, not yours

and we've still not got the email...

it's not 'the company' - but I like the way you think they're doing us a favour....

The rules said:
Group-Buy Guidelines:
If you are to be acting as a go-between for a company and/or individuals, though that is acceptable to SCN and we will most likely allow it, we must be made fully aware of the group buy details and information relating to the potential group buy, before we will allow it to be published.

One-off's or first time involvements, brand new product developments we will most likely allow freely, in the interests of the forum members, with the aim of helping to develop new products for our vehicles. But they will have a mutually agreed time limit applied to the group buy.

If companies especially would like to encourage future group buys, or promote and develop further products in their range, after the initial first time, we would encourage them to become forum sponsors (see sponsorship info below), or sponsoring a competition/product review in return for the short term marketing/pr/development information that they will receive.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71515

If you don't like it, then you have wasted your time.

I really wish you'd followed my/our instruction & you emailled me offline.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
hey dont bring me into this lol all i will say is even though it seems quicker and easier just setting up a group buy by yourself well it did to me rather than going through lots of people it isnt. Its best just to get the company talking to SCN and vickie verkie.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.