James' Black MK3 Ibiza - Gone to a new home

Apr 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Looks good mate. Il be cutting the plastic at the bottom of the bumper soon. Totally agree, looks so much better with the cut outs. Surprising what a little work does for the looks.

Nice car;)

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
New Gearbox

havent updated this for a while so here goes:

The gearbox developed a nasty whine due to shagged main shaft bearings :(, so rather than taking SEAT up on there offer of £450 to fit new ones :cartman: i chanced a 2nd hand box.

It cost £80 for the box from a lad off here, so plus oil and a new thrust bearing its now fitted at a price of ~£125 and i did it myself on my drive :D

HPIM0477.jpg

HPIM0476.jpg

Also ive got a broken front bumper so im on the look out for a cupra one :help: for some modification,

Plus my new wheels are currently getting some work done ;) and will hopefully be fitted soon with the help of 20mm front and 35mm rear adaptors :D

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Also ive got a broken front bumper so im on the look out for a cupra one :help: for some modification.

Hate to be pillaging your bumper before you've gotten rid, but which part's broken? cos the bottom section of mine isn't in the best of states, and iirc, yours is rather tasty... :ban: I'd give you as much as you want towards your cupra bumper fund...

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Hate to be pillaging your bumper before you've gotten rid, but which part's broken? cos the bottom section of mine isn't in the best of states, and iirc, yours is rather tasty... :ban: I'd give you as much as you want towards your cupra bumper fund...

its just the bottom bit has a small crack in it and the paint is coming off, so i could easily plastic weld the crack and then it just needs a small respray. if i find a cupra bumper you can have first dibs on mine ;)

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
its just the bottom bit has a small crack in it and the paint is coming off, so i could easily plastic weld the crack and then it just needs a small respray. if i find a cupra bumper you can have first dibs on mine ;)

:D :thumbup: thank you very much! I would bit your hand off! Hope 'tall goes well.

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Update - NEW HOOPS

Couple of new touches, first off and most importanly :D NEW WHEELS!
15" x 7" Porsche Teledials - Mirror Polished, running Khumo 175/50/R15 Tyres and FK hub adaptors (30mm up front 35mm out back)

From this:

DSCF2827.jpg

To this:

HPIM0479.jpg

HPIM0480.jpg

SP_A0672.jpg

HPIM0482.jpg

SP_A0670.jpg

Also the eagle eyed amongst you will have spotted the new coloured badges (Ford Dove Grey) and ive fixed a crack in the bumper, and repainted and modded it slightly.

New lower rear coilovers are on the way too :funk::happy:

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Lovely project...it come along way! like the subtleness...and im in love with the alloys. i was going to get these and put them on my first polo mk4...wish i had now!

Thanks man, i love them too, ive got big plans for it when funds allow ;) were talking fully smoothed, but ill be doing as much of it myself as possible :D

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Big Update

Havent updated in a while so heres whats been going on:

Took my old gearbox apart wit the intention of replacing bearings, but ended up just tearing it to bits to see how it worked :rolleyes:

HPIM0523.jpg

Got some new rear coilovers to mach the fronts, now running Weitec HICON GTN's front and rear:

HPIM0491.jpg

These came off for the winter:

HPIM0493.jpg

and these went back on:

HPIM0515.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.