James' Black MK3 Ibiza - Gone to a new home

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Wow that is a lovely car you have there :) if i can get mine to look anything near as good as yours i will be very happy....;)

I know this will probably seem like a while ago but... Do you remember if the strut brace made much difference? also would you recommend the coilovers? have you played around with cupra suspension + lowering springs and can compare this to your coilies?

SpanisH

Congratulations.
With patience and calmness became a 1.4mpi, a beautiful machine.
Congratulations, keep up your esteem and good taste

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Wow that is a lovely car you have there :) if i can get mine to look anything near as good as yours i will be very happy....;)

I know this will probably seem like a while ago but... Do you remember if the strut brace made much difference? also would you recommend the coilovers? have you played around with cupra suspension + lowering springs and can compare this to your coilies?

:redface: Thanks mate. Strut brace made a slightly noticable difference IMO, I can justify it for £50

Never bothered with cupra suspension or springs, but i would recommend the Weitec GTs all day long. They ride nice and handle well, and are really well made being KW owned!

tjjammo

Nov 3, 2010
Swansea South Wales
Love this car!! Looks epic,

Just wondering how do the twists fit? much rubbing? and how wide are your adaptors?

Just picked mine up so was wondering haha

ShizTheBiz

Oct 25, 2010
Grimsby/Cleethorpes
great read mate shame about the crash but you defo brought it back looking 110%. keep up the good work. these wheels look amazing btw :). just to ask where did you buy your mirrors from as my 1.4 came with one standard and one stubby :/

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Just read your whole thread James. Makes me miss my mk3! Though there were a lot of things I don't miss, but they really are great looking cars when you go down the OEM+ route!

My bro got a 5 door 1.9 TDI mk3 so I've been helping him do bits and pieces to his, so far all he's done is tidy it up and put a Cupra spoiler on it, I must point him in the direction of this thread for further inspiration!

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
haha, Well I'm picking my new car up tonight.

safe to say its considerably more powerful and still VAG, I'll post pictures when i get it :D

Hmmmm. Whats faster than the 1.4....EVERYTHING! Not sticking with the 'S' Badge? You need to give us more clues than that! :p

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.