Jenk's purple mk2 track hack...Im sure it hates me

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
If you still had them I would bite your arm off mate, been flicking throught he forums and ebay to see if there are any decent priced wheels and tires going local........nothing! Going to get a second opinion on this repair in abit.

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
RUST!!! :cry:

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

What I thought to be a small hole ended up as quite alot of rotted metal, just hoping this is easily repairable. Im hoping I have gotten rid of the worst, just need to get a wire wheel so I can attack the surrounding area and give it all a good clean.

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
One of the coilover collars is seized :doh: Near side front wont budge, bodies perfectly clean (Stainless) and the collar look to be in good nick so I cant understand it. Can I use a blow torch on it to heat it up or will I do damage to the damper internals? Last resort is to cut the collar off and get a knew one from FK.

Although the suspension is **** arsed and its running a space saver I took it for a spin around the estate, loves it :)

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
you call that rust! haha have a look at my caddy thread! haha, naah that shouldt be anything to worry about,

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Rust brought the end to my first car so it upsets me :happy:

I have been thinking about buying a mig welder and doing a course so I can repair it myself, im sure it could come in handy and pay it self off come cage and seat installation time.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
If you still had them I would bite your arm off mate, been flicking throught he forums and ebay to see if there are any decent priced wheels and tires going local........nothing! Going to get a second opinion on this repair in abit.

Have you tried checking the ED38 classified forum ? There are some quite reasonably priced wheels that sell on there. I have been keeping an eye out but, they are never the right soze for my car :(

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
If you are still looking for some wheels, I know of a standard set of cupra 15" wheels with tyres for £60
Let me know if you interested pm

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
haha do you or jenk want a spare 2.0 8v engine or gear box (might be useful for a track car)
Cut you a deal ;)

Ollie