MK2 Leon rear wiper arm removal?

CovCupra

Nov 10, 2009
Midlands
Hi guys, in the last few weeks treated myself to an 11month old orange K1:D
I've noticed the rear wiper is catching the paint on the boot in the park position, ie its traveling to far round. As the car is still under warranty, I'd guessed that my local dealer could sort this for me. Yes they can, but want to charge me!
So my question is, how do i either get the wiper off or adjust the stop position? I've taken the plastic cover and lock nut off, but can seam to shift the arm. Am I right in thinking its on a splined shaft?:confused:

CovCupra

Nov 10, 2009
Midlands
Yep black wheels as well!:)
And it certainly stands out! has attracted so much attention when I'm out and about in it!

The dealer told me the car has a 12month 'adjustments warranty' which would cover these things, and might guess the car is now 12 months and 11 days old!
After speaking to Seat uk earlier, they agreed with the dealer that its not a warranty job, but due to wear and tear with the heavy snow which could have damaged it. I also questioned the paint warranty for when the wiper wears through it - not covered due to external non-warranty influences![:@]

jrsmooth

Jan 6, 2009
Derby(ish)
How pathetic!!! Tell them to stop kidding themselves and adjust it. I would like to get hold of one these "Computer says no" kinda people and slap them back to reality! :mad:

End of rant! Now put up some piccys of this car :drool:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.