My ibiza cupra ihi track car project

gatecrasher3

Looks like a proper track slag.

I'm assuming that the throttle body was modified for a cable to allow the use of DTA?

Do you have any info on what work was carried out to change to cable operation?

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
i thought that the 20vt poblems with the dump valves were due to the standard managment, mine is on dta.

I'm not sure about what was involved with the throtle cable oonversion but i could pobably find out, i think the peddle box has been changed but not sure which one is being used or what throttle body it uses which would be usefull for me to know really.

The pics were taken at croft whe dicko had it

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
Forgot to say i should have a few pics of the cage sometime today which should be well underway or finished by now. I'm away working on sweden at the min and cant wait to see the pics so hopefully they will be here today for when i get off shift at 12 mid day

gatecrasher3

I'm not sure about what was involved with the throtle cable oonversion but i could pobably find out, i think the peddle box has been changed but not sure which one is being used or what throttle body it uses which would be usefull for me to know really.

If you are able to get any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
I haven't got any pics of them, i was only home a week then back away working now. I should be home mid january so will have pics of the windows and a few other bits i've bought and hopefully a finished and painted cage by the end of jan

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
ye its surves a purpose, i'm going to look into some form of brake cooling ducting when i get home. Might not be needed bt worth a look. The **** thing about the bumper is that the toying eye cap has been smoothed in so i havent got a form of towing at the front of the car, this should be sorted hen i get home and fit my trs towing strap though

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
can you get some pics of the cage up m8? how much it cost etc and if it runs through the dash or around it pm me if you dont want to discuss on here price

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
i dont have any pics of the cage as i'm away working at the min and i'm waiting for him to send me some. The cage is 1100 all in and will probably go through the dash as thats the best way to do it apparently, he said he hates "dash dodgers" lol

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
lol i know what you mean but i want a fast road part trackday car that still has the speedo climate controll and radio :) as i use it everyday and not so keen on butchering my dash to make it fit cheers tho m8 and make sure you pop some pics up of the cage once fitted

top work keep it up

RabReith89

Jul 7, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
ye its surves a purpose, i'm going to look into some form of brake cooling ducting when i get home. Might not be needed bt worth a look. The **** thing about the bumper is that the toying eye cap has been smoothed in so i havent got a form of towing at the front of the car, this should be sorted hen i get home and fit my trs towing strap though

Sounds a good idea for a track car mate, did u have the bumper made like that or was it that when u bought it??

Yea notice that, worth it tho looks sweet.

Would like something simular myself :D

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
Rab the bumper was like it when i got it, it look salright but tbh the gaps are to big on the sides so looks a bit odd when you get up close casue you can see everything that is normally hidden by the bumper.

Baz i went for the plastics for performance ones and i dont know about fiting issues yet as there still sat in the box they arrived in lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.