My ibiza cupra ihi track car project

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
no updates as of yet really, i was hoping to get the car sorted and finished this time i was home but i have been working again and off away again sunday so got nothing done.

As the car stands at the min is that it still needs puting back together i turbo etc and i have also bought a proper pro alloy fuel tank and aeromotive pump and all the hoses etc for it so that all needs fitting, the cage is done and painted orange and looking well so thats another job done.

As you know me bucket seat and harnesses got stole out of me unit so i will have to buy some more when i get back hom from this trip and hopefully get it running or at least somewhere near

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
spot on cheers, we think we know who has them but even me dodgiest of mates are having second thoughts about going to get them back so he must be a bit of a loony lol

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
Just a quick and long overdue update. I now have a full rollcage and a few other tasty bits to go in the ibiza such as a pro alloy fuel cell and proper braided lines etc and am going to make a start of getting it back together in the next few weeks but this is basically how the car sits at the min. Enjoy

04032010028.jpg

04032010026.jpg

04032010029.jpg

04032010027.jpg

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
Place called geronimo in Hartlepool. He's done a good job but no doubt people will be on picking faults with it as its not to the standard of a wrc car lol

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
still got it but lost a bit of interest if i'm honest due to working away lots and prefering my motorbikes now and having far to many projects at once.

I'll make a start on it over the winter i think if i get some decent time off and i get motivated

dicko's

350bhp IHI Ibiza
Aug 5, 2008
Hartlepool
just come across this thread lol

well ive bought the car back off mark a few weeks ago ;) and got some progress done, turbo and manifold is all back on. new screen fitted along with all the perspex windows, seats and harnesses fitted.

just got a standard fuel tank but need some standard plastic fuel pipes if anybody has any kicking about?

the dash is a bit of a mess now as we had to chop it to fit around the cage, so looking into options for that, got some sheets of perspex for door cards which are just going to be carbon wrapped.

here's some recent pics

2012-06-17125338.jpg

2012-07-15170842.jpg

2012-07-15170827.jpg

2012-07-15174300.jpg

4wdibiza

4wd all the way
Oct 20, 2011
cardiff
nice looking cage ;). be nice to see it at some strips this year , theres a few big power ibizas to play with now:p

Trist

Nice. Cage looks spot on. What intercooler is it? Any more of pics behind bumper. Pipe routing?

And I notice you run 3inch down pipe. How the hell do you get it to miss the body. I am building a track day ibiza and having right struggle to get the 3 inch down pipe to go up tight to turbo with out pressing up against the body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members