My Mk3 Imperial Blue Ibiza Cupra * Final Update 30/5/10*

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
Liam,

See you one morning last week at the Fordbridge roundabout. Looks good. Didn't spot the bra though. Spotted the black bit on the bonnet however.

Let me know when your thinking of getting the bumper done. Will give you details. My new bumper goes in next week along with x6 fog lamp covers.D'oh.

Steve

Send me the details please steve, pm me :) how much you think it will cost?

I need it done as its annoying me and the new one is sitting in the garage doing nothing.

I think i may have seen you actually, i always try and keep an eye out for you or an ear, lol.

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
Right, progress has been slow on this recently. New house seems to be taking priority at the minute. Anyway, got my JBS manifold delivered, aswell as a set of BAM injectors and an S3 MAF. I've started collecting parts to go hybrid but this all looks like it may come to a stand still. Turbo and mapping is going to be costly so looks like these plans may have to stop/go on hold.

Also finally got my new bumper painted and the swage line smoothed out and fitted my d90's again. With the weather not too bad last week it gave me the chance to clean the car and get both of these fitted.

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

The car hasn't been cleaned in a while but once again came up spotless, all credit to maz for the work he puts in when it gets detailed.

Unfortunately this may be the end of the road for the ibiza now, i have to travel further to work after moving and dont really want to be putting the extra miles on the car so looks like it may be for sale in the near future.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Real shame you might be selling up. Thought about keeping the car and just getting a run around?

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
Hopefully i'll get a run around in the next few months maz, not too sure i'll keep the ibiza aswell though. If i had my way it would be the perfect time to tuck it into the garage and get it stripped out abit, some how i dont think i will, lol.

Jan 31, 2008
looks spotless mate, shame it might have to go but am sure it will only go to a good home

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
Had a little drive to castle combe last weekend to go to Jap Fest :ban: A couple of mates have fast little starlets and were out on track so i thought i'd pop down to watch.

After the drive the car needed a clean again, this gave me a chance to top up the wax on it which was looking non existant. Also fitted the bra again

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

Also fitted my new engine cover which ive been trying to hunt down for a while

IMG_0843.jpg

Engine bay is pretty much done now :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
It just looks awesome Liam, dont do it!

You really kept her up to scratch this time, looks just as good as the day it was detailed!

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
The throttle body was sprayed with hammerite. I think it was smooth black, just make sure you spend abit of time masking it up.

I'm still undecided what im going to do to be honest, its in the classifieds on pistonheads currently getting abit of interest. I'm swaying towards keeping it, selling the hybrid bits i have and spending more money lol.

Not quite up to your detailing standards just yet maz, its so easy to make it look good after you done all the hard work, lol.

The Gimp

Liam,

No way mate. Haven't been on for a while. Just thought I'd look at hows the cars coming along and read it's gone!!! Shame mate but needs must.

Thought I hadn't seen the car around for a while.

Take it easy mate.

Steve

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members