• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
100% this. Don't mess around with brakes if you are unsure, they literally save your life.

I have done the brake fluid on my MK3 for the first time not too long ago, but I bought a pressure bleeder and I have built up quite some experience over the years. Without the pressure bleeder, I would not have done it. For me this is the correct way of doing brake fluid changes

AP1GczP4nxc-VFKHoJyTJNPECEW3T4eaTzH8erjjE8qzQc0uAfEI8kXYS8a5yQaos_kcb38P0YQdDAmcpBAjceLNREbbhvHJIubNPpWgRkU8xCbC-g1jVjhHILqSHxD4yB-hPBtHXwzdT9ZYrPxLldlR0a3Rzg=w1920-h1080-s-no
Hi photoNL..

crikey- that looks pretty serious! (sure you haven't mixed up a photo of your new Amazon enema machine-?)

Very grateful for the brake information chaps. Ive been very mindful about these two 'incidents' but still unsure I hadn't pressed the clutch slightly along with the brake, or some such tiny error, I've monitored the brakes since I posted a month ago.

Nothing at all similar since. It's fairly brake-heavy being hilly out here, so I'm confident about them as they are, despite this query. They feel good. I will check with my garage at my MOT in a month though.

It does look like a job I'd be willing to do, making sure no air is introduced at all. I think I know the steps & the important aspects to get correct, from looking at the bleeding & refilling procedure. Ideally if I could hire out an 'enema machine' & do it.. the cost of buying one would surely be ~similar to getting a grg to do it, once that is.

Gratefully Zoot
 
  • Haha
Reactions: nd-photo.nl
If I may ask a separate general question. The rev counter..

What do folks drive a their 'top' rev point? I think I mentioned my inability to really understand why I even have a rev counter (I think the general consensus was that it was somewhat of a gimmick). But that said, in this car that I push reasonably hard in 2nd & especially 3rd out here on my hugely fun welsh B roads.. I'd say I still don't go above 3,500rpm. Ever. Which is a long way from the red band.

So am I driving my FR 150hp 'too conservatively' ?

I don't know if anyone knows the YouTube car channel chap called Number 27, but he quite often tests older cars of not dissimilar power & age, & I notice him really going through the gears touching the red band. And being willing donated cars for him to try, the owners knowing & seemingly happy for their car to be driven like so.

Thanks. Zoot
 
"Italian tune-up" every now and then is good for the car :cool:


[edit]
Haha I know, the device looks pretty serious and it works well. For newer cars, the procedure usually involves pressure bleeding it instead of the oldskool pump with your foot method (although it can still be effective!)

See below according to the workspace manual

Screenshot 2026-09-29 at 15.40.40.png