Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Hi Tim

Im assuming you have an LCR??

It really comes down to what you want to spend, the costs really do spiral but I don't know if you already have the mods recommended for stg2? If you do and you already have a REVO map the upgrade is quite cheap and I would do that.

Basically I don't have enough information to give my opinion.

tim langley

oh sorry yep I've got an LCR. 3" blueflame turbo back, dynatwist, forge pipes, forge fmic, 007p and a custom code stage 1 oh and I fitted some Porsche 6 pot calipers the othday, bit pointless lol but got em cheap and they look pretty cool!

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Had a busy few days on my car in preparation for inters on Saturday. I've removed the water meth and I'll probably put that up for sale with the tank I made at some point. I've fitted some new NGK iridium plugs (8s), fitted a catch can, made a new bracket to hold a new power distribution box and my HID ballast... Also fitted the SEM inlet with 80mm throttle body that I've had for well over a year now. With all the bad press I was worried about using the 80mm tb but I don't know what the fuss is about really. Maybe as I'm on stg3 it's not so much of a problem but at the minute it all feels good :)

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
just looked through all this... wonder how I missed this R/R!!

Awesome car mate, love the fact its an OEM animal

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Had a busy few days on my car in preparation for inters on Saturday. I've removed the water meth and I'll probably put that up for sale with the tank I made at some point. I've fitted some new NGK iridium plugs (8s), fitted a catch can, made a new bracket to hold a new power distribution box and my HID ballast... Also fitted the SEM inlet with 80mm throttle body that I've had for well over a year now. With all the bad press I was worried about using the 80mm tb but I don't know what the fuss is about really. Maybe as I'm on stg3 it's not so much of a problem but at the minute it all feels good :)

Good to hear the SEM is running well for you Probee, i'm sure it will complement your setup well. Since selling it, i've gone stage 2 Revo and ditched the APR, i would love to see how it would have performed with the REVO code as the APR was so problematic. If funds improve i may even buy another in the future. :)

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
just looked through all this... wonder how I missed this R/R!!

Awesome car mate, love the fact its an OEM animal

Thank you... You read it all!!!!!! You read fast :)

Aaron are you only going Saturday ?

At the minute I'll be there Saturday only, but I'll rake everything for Sunday and pay for camping etc if needed... May see you there Darren

Good to hear the SEM is running well for you Probee, i'm sure it will complement your setup well. Since selling it, i've gone stage 2 Revo and ditched the APR, i would love to see how it would have performed with the REVO code as the APR was so problematic. If funds improve i may even buy another in the future. :)

It's still early days but it certainly seems like an improvement. I've run REVO for many years now and other than the wrong map being loaded which was quickly put right it has been a very smooth ride. Their software really is second to none.... Personally I can't see a benefit of a custom map, at least you can tweak the REVO settings. Thanks for selling it buddy, hope you do pick up another soon :)

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
How do the ngk iridiums feel and any particular reason you've dumped the methanol.

I was having cold starting issues, which seemed to me like a plug problem. i was using Densos and had been wanting to change them after hearing quite a few horror stories about them letting go and wreaking engines. When i took them out the colour was good but the gaps were about 1mm! pleased to say the cold start issues seem to have gone.

I havent run the Methanol in a long time and in all the logs ive run i havent had problems with CFs. I dont think ill be pushing the timing any further and the car is plenty quick enough as it is. with the temps on my stg2 setup i could see the benefit but not now, it never seems to get hot.

I have just ordered an ITG filter to replace the green cotton.... i was amazed when i started on Saturday just how much the old filter had rusted in a few thousand miles....

IMG_1982-1.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

the inside of my TIP is covered too!

SEM on...

IMG_1988.jpg

Ive never been keen on bare rocker covers but it seems now i have no choice. I could modify the Forge cover but TBH it seems like too much hassle and the FPR will be sticking out of the top. it looks like ill have to keep an eye open for a rocker and get it painted then swap it. i dont like the setup of the catch can too so will change that when i have a minute.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
The Green filter problem is on going but in the mean time ive been busy making a new mount for the ITG.

From cardboard to finished in just over an hour...... excuse my messy desk :)

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

i might get to drive it now :)

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Looks like I'll be stripping it down again. On the way to inters it smoked quite badly and I only ran 2 of my 4 runs on Saturday because there was no traction and it smoked everytime when sat in vacuum (idle)... So badly the official went for the fire extinguisher :(

Hopefully it's just the turbo, I'll do a compression test before tearing the engine apart.

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Shame , i bet you could have done some good times
I noticed everyone was struggling for traction off the line today too

I was only hoping for mid thirteens there.. It's not a great surface to do anything on especially when damp. The 4wd cars seemed to cope very well though

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
It was after chatting to Wayne that I realised I had to stop running if I wanted to get home. Sat at the top of the strip trying to chat through a smoke screen is not good.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.