Retro-fit Cruise Control DIY?

g60jonny

Hi folks, new on this particular forum so here goes!

Got an '07 Ibiza Cupra TDi 160 and need to know the VAG part numbers for a retro-fit cruise control kit, the stalks, loom etc?

If anyone knows what, then any ideas how much too?

Cheers!

g60jonny

Anyone? Guess this must have been done, Polo bits I'm sure, just which ones?!

g60jonny

Why?

Have you done it to yours? I retro fitted it on my Mk4 Golf TDi, can't imagine its gonna be much harder than that?!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I have fitted Cruise stalks to many MkIV chassis, Mk3 Ibiza Chassis & 'watched' a master tech do a Mk4 Ibiza Cupra.

it's no MkIV Platform, no easy to connect up plugs under the wiper tray & requires proper wiring knowledge.

g60jonny

Thats where the tray was on the mk4 golf....double jointed wrists and a bit of wiring know how, worked a treat!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
that's what I said :) The MkIV Golf was easy (compared to the Mk4 Ibiza)

lower dash off, wires soldered, wires run behind heater matrix etc - not plug & play.

Talk to Ross @ Unit18.co.uk

g60jonny

Soz fella, misunderstood! :whistle:

Unit 18? Contact number etc? Sorry to ask, not familiar with peeps on here yet!

g60jonny

The man that can eh.....whats involved then fella? If I was to get someone to do it, how much can I expect to have to pay?

Alternatively, if the parts are available, is it a DIY possibility?

Oh and nice one for getting in touch!

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I charge £180 fitted.

Stalks are available but I make the wiring loom myself but works as a factory install.

Disco_Biscuit

Ibiza Cupra Tdi PD200
Jul 8, 2007
I'll be up for one for my TDI Cupra if i ever get it back form having the turbo fitted.
Is it a while you wait kind of job as i've got a bit of a journey up to Northants

h8rra

excuse my ignorance but just got my first SEAT.

03 plate ibiza sport - was wondering if the detrails on here re: cruise control apply to my car?

any advice on cruise for this model?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.