Seat Leon Useful Part Numbers listing for Modifications

henryg

Mar 30, 2008
Oxford
I am after the part number for the honeycombe grill on the LCR, instead of the one thats already on there... the slotted type. I phoned up a local Seat dealer and they told me that it should have the honeycombe grill as standard ???

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated !

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
haven't been on here in a while due to me selling the Ibiza, but am picking up a LCR this weekend and wanted to know if anybody knows the OEM part number for the shift linkage, going to try and make a DIY short shifter :D

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
im needing a part number for the cupra rear badge, is it one badge or 2 as theres a flag next to it

seen some on the bay and suggests its 2 ,

also there are a few different colours to the writing ,

just to make clear its the mk1 cupra badge which is in a small is long badge , not the mk2 letters speling C U P R A

cheers

I've tried to order this and they've got it wrong twise, their parts department computer shows all badges but with 5 different part no's so they keep ordering different bits. they will get there in the end and I'll post the relevant part no then.

CUPRAMUNKY

Battery cover part no. is 1J0915435C £8.36 + vat let me know if you want one.

ChrisGunn11

hello all!
I'm new to having a Seat, just got a 2001 cupra 20V T and love it.
I didn't know where to post this so apologies if its wrong, But I'm looking for
a Blow Of Valve as i'm not a fan of the 'hisss' of dump valves and I'm struggling to
find one.
Any help greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance!

andycupra

status subject to change
hello all!
I'm new to having a Seat, just got a 2001 cupra 20V T and love it.
I didn't know where to post this so apologies if its wrong, But I'm looking for
a Blow Of Valve as i'm not a fan of the 'hisss' of dump valves and I'm struggling to
find one.
Any help greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance!

blimey, there is sooo much info on this forum regards dvs, if you had asked for a whooshy dump valve you would really get the piss taken out of you, but to your credit (although i had to look hard) you are at least asking the opposite in that you dont want a whooshy dump valve.

Firstly it doesnt appear you really know what you want, as a blow off valve is usually taken as a dump valve that dump air externally and therefore makes the hiss noice that you do not want.

DVs are effectively diverter valves, and can do this internally (quieter) or they can divert the air externally which is commonly refered to as a dumpy valve. (most people just call then all dump valves)

The 1.8T engine as standard has a valve that does not dump the air externally, but rather diverts it internally back into the intake system, which is the quiet type that you want so you wont be making it any quieter than it is as stock.

So what do you currently have? the standard set up or has someone put a noisy aftermarket dump valve on the car?

In short, though, if you are wanting to upgrade the standard part or get rid of a noisy dumpy valve you should go for the Forge 007p valve. they are about £85 if you use some of the suppliers on this forum, or sometimes come up on the for sale section, they have a liftime warranty and have proved to be very reliable.

Just thought perhaps you mean you dont like the pisst sound but want a whoosy dump valve? - of so:
1 grow up ;)
2 to get this either get a forge splitR valve or get an induction kit which makes the dv action louder.

FYI the ecu expects the air to be recirculated, so using a dv that dumps expternally is not recommended as then the air 'in the system' will be different to that the ecu will be using to calculate fuel air mix etc.

PS make a note of this, as its likely that after a while your post and mine will get deleted as its not really the thread to be talking about this.
Sorry admins :)

Last edited:

ChrisGunn11

Like i said, I'm new to the forum and didn't know where to post, apologies again.
I have a standard quiet dv at the moment, the noise i was after is demonstrated on youtube if you search the following....

"Focus Rs Turbo Chatter 330bhp GT2860RS"

Don't know that much about what it is or how to get it, and thought this might be a good place to start looking.
have heard references to dump valves, recirculating valves, flutter valves, waste gates and BOVs, i obviously don't want anything damaging to my engine but was just hoping for help/information rather than Criticism.

thanks very much for your help and will try to find somewhere more relevant to post.

cheers.

Chris

Robbie Romero

Mar 4, 2008
Hi,

I need the 'Y' section in this picture, can anyone tell me the part number etc, so I can order it ASAP...

IMG_0255.jpg

mjennings1985

Emblem of air bag - 2008 Seat Leon

Guys,

Hopefully a relatively simple one here...

First time on here and, to be honest, I am not really that into cars...I am into things looking right though!

I have dented the emblem of the air bag on the steering wheel. I searched the web for it but can't get a replacement - maybe it's not possible to replace? Do I need to replace the entire airbag or is there something else I can do?

I have tried to post URLs here but I can't until I have 15 posts...

Thanks for the help!

cupraJD

thanks, needing to get myself a tow eye cover and jacking point cover.

Ed King

Oct 24, 2011
PLYMOUTH ENGLAND
Front Brakes for Mk1 LC 1.8T

Hi everyone, I,m a newbie to the forum so be nice to me what,s best up grade for front Brake pads for my Mk1 LC 1.8T, I,ve looked through FAQ but could not find any mention.