tequilan's tdi ibiza fr - 312's and weitec kit fitted with pics

tequilan

mk4 ibiza FR pd 130
Sep 24, 2007
somerset
hey, been on here ages and never really modded the car, but seeing as it came out of warrantee last month ive got quite a few plans........:funk:

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

as you can see its pre-facelift (06 plate) and just a couple of mods so far.......green panel filter, whiteline rear anti-roll bar, and aeros

future plans:
312mm tt brakes (sat at home cleaned painted and ready to put on the car :D)
coilovers/shock and spring set
starfish alloys
fmic +pipes as i have a boost leak :cry:
cupra bumpers
remap (and maybe clutch if needs be)
audio upgrade

i'll be getting the green light for all this once ive paid off my student loan which will be in the next couple of months, but seeing as id just spent half a day giving her a wash and polish, it seemed like good time to get some pics to start this thread with.
i cant wait to get started, it will be the first car ive properly had a go at modding so some of it will be trial and error, but ive read shed loads on this site so i at least have half an idea lol.

;) ben

Last edited:

tequilan

mk4 ibiza FR pd 130
Sep 24, 2007
somerset
thanks mate, its difficult not to follow the crowd with modding.....im going to be doing a lot of tried and tested things to rectify some of the ibizas downfalls...ie handling lol, but shall be doing a couple of small visual things that i have not seen before....just little personal touches.
ben

tequilan

mk4 ibiza FR pd 130
Sep 24, 2007
somerset
ok its been a little while while but the ball is rolling - slowly! lol just fitted some rather nice 17's that you'll all recognise ;-)
just gonna give her a wash before i take some photos for looksee.....just one thing tho, i bought them second hand with tyres 205/40/17 on 7.5x17 alloys and when i checked the pressures, each tyre was 48psi!!!! bit surprised.
theres no reason why they would have been put at this psi is there? and theres no possibility that having them at this pressure could have damaged the tyres at all????
photos to follow
ben

tequilan

mk4 ibiza FR pd 130
Sep 24, 2007
somerset
piccies - only a very very quick wash as it was starting to rain heavily, but here they are 17" oz ultraleggera on standard suspension....yes yes i know....lowering is in the pipeline lol.

DSCF0127.jpg

DSCF0128.jpg

DSCF0129.jpg

i think they suit it well actually, especially the colour. had my heart set on starfish's but these came up at a good price. comments welcome :)

tequilan

mk4 ibiza FR pd 130
Sep 24, 2007
somerset
yeah they're nice looking wheels, and just out of interest if anybody's interested i weighed the standard 16" seat alloy and tyre which came out at 17kg whereas the oz 17's came out at 16kg - so a little bit of weight saved there. :)
next i shall be fitting either tt brakes or eibach pro street coilies - not sure which to do first.....

tequilan

mk4 ibiza FR pd 130
Sep 24, 2007
somerset
update - fitted 312's and weitec shock and spring set up today - handling now is amazing! cant recommend this set up enough!! ok ive only got standard to compare it to, but its just so smooth at low speeds, pot holes and drains are literally barely noticeable now - really! but wen u put it in to a corner it just stays flat, and every tyre feels like its got same pressure on the road if that makes any sense???? i can now take corners much much faster than before, and it almost feels slower cos its THAT SMOOTH - my car is transformed....also has a very good stance with the rear sitting nice and low unlike many other kits.......for £315 i'd say it was a bargain - i'll get some piccies up tomoz or something so u can see.
the brakes also feel very 'oem' but just better - tbh not as noticeable difference as suspension but they certainly do their job well :) car is going back to garage on friday tho as abs and tcs light on :-/ machinics think it will be easy fix so fongers crossed.

tequilan

mk4 ibiza FR pd 130
Sep 24, 2007
somerset
ok sorry for MAHUSIVE delay lol. pics finally. its been on fir about 2 weeks now so i should imagine its all settled nicely. still loving it - wen really pushing it in to the corners it can still feel a bit 'divey' at the front - if that makes sense? but maybe i just could do with strut brace or fabia farb? any suggestions?
DSCF0368.jpg

DSCF0369.jpg

DSCF0375.jpg

DSCF0374.jpg

id probs say it looks slightly lower in the flesh, but at the end of the day i wasnt after ground scraping looks, just practicality, improved cornering and a good stance which ive got :)