Wee mans Arosa Track day project working again Thanks Grandad !!!

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
Ok ive put the wheels on and the drivers side wheel is still cambering out top about 20 degrees, ive replaced lower arm and cv joint, Checked for visable chassis damage now im thinking its coil overs needed to replace a bent suspension leg :(

ArosaRacer

Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
Today i started stripping the arosa down, ready for suspension to be removed and replaced

10012009292.jpg

10012009293.jpg

hoping that Mum and Amanda have listened to me and get me Coilovers!!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
springs & dampers?

probably easier to have just replaced the dampers as you get the new ones rather than building the ornament you have

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
about an hour to fit them roughly,about 4 to fit them properly :p

that's because the car already had been perched up with no suspension on some garden furniture 1st :)

surprised it took an hour to chuck them on... it's not like it's on the ground yet?

ArosaRacer

Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
no m0rk its on ramps and blocks, it took an hour as i had too suck air between my teeth scratch my arse and say how much it was costing!

ArosaRacer

Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
right here goes put the lower arm on the car and ball joint, put the wheel on and this is the angle im faced with, the toe on the wheel is where ive turned the steering its the massive camber now, i've been told i need a new hub, as the casting may be bent

Passenger side Normal
002.jpg

Drivers side Fubared
001-1.jpg

Any ideas as im begining to lose interest in the car now and im thinking about getting rid

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
did you bend the hub?? i know its like cast iron but still , have you tried pushing in the the top of the hub closer to the coilover leg and pulling out the bottom one ?? that should level it out

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise