what have you done to your car today ?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
That seems very cheap, I'd be sceptical on it's fitment.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

From what i've gathered the unbranded downpipes all use the same pattern, and havnt seen anything bad except them not fitting the ibiza's properly. I would go for a milltek but my house got broken into at the weekend and im now 300 quid down on replacing a window.

Worth noting the custom exhaust place suggested just grabbing a cheap DP off ebay, i assume they can make them work without much effort because of that

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Ohhhhhhh... You're going to love this one...

Dropped car off for its MoT, decided to wait around as I couldn't be bothered to walk home and then back again. Guy comes into the office asking if there was a way of opening the boot. I've been having trouble with my boot release, so thought someone had just pulled something the wrong way and caused the boot to lock itself. Crawled into the boot over the back seats and pulled the release manually. It opens it, but when you closed it again, the handle wouldn't open it.

Start panicking. Sounds like the release is properly broken now. Cancel the test, order one from a breaker's on eBay. Rebook for next Thursday.

Get it home and decide to take it out of the car and strip it down. Nothing seems to be working until I put the key in the lock and turn it. Everything works as normal.

The MoT tester had obviously tried using the key to open it. They'd locked the boot manually. Once it's locked, the keyfob won't unlock it - you have to unlock it with the key.

Nobody had told me they'd used the key.

We were trying to open a locked boot.

Anyone want to take a guess as to which national chain I was getting the MoT done at?

Quick fit or Halfords lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: iammooks

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Kwik Fit it is... I'm starting to wonder if I should just stop going with the cheapest offer and go to a garage that won't abandon the test because they don't know how to open a boot...

Contact VOSA the MOT spec says he boot has to e securely shut. All suspension point are under the car so there is no need yo open the boot and it is not part of an mot. It is not a point of access so can be welded shut.
If you contact VOSA they can set up another mot at an independent garage with you there some one from the ministry of transport the MOT tester from quickfit and his supervisor

Reactions: iammooks

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Fitted some solid engine mounts

Repositioned the drivers seat

Fitted new rear discs and serviced the rear brakes

Rain x inside windscreen.

Swapped to the dry wheels set up

Ready for donny tomorrow.

Too late and cold for pictures last night ha ha. Will post some tonight or tomorrow.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Manic172

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Contact VOSA the MOT spec says he boot has to e securely shut. All suspension point are under the car so there is no need yo open the boot and it is not part of an mot. It is not a point of access so can be welded shut.
If you contact VOSA they can set up another mot at an independent garage with you there some one from the ministry of transport the MOT tester from quickfit and his supervisor

I'm awful with conflict, so will probably just complain to Kwik Fit after I get the MoT done next week - I'm more annoyed at the fact they basically deadlocked the boot so there was no way of ever opening it without knowing they'd used the key in the lock. I'll make sure to mention it on the day though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Fitted some solid engine mounts

Repositioned the drivers seat

Fitted new rear discs and serviced the rear brakes

Rain x inside windscreen.

Swapped to the dry wheels set up

Ready for donny tomorrow.

Too late and cold for pictures last night ha ha. Will post some tonight or tomorrow.

What engine mounts did you go for

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Drove it on the trailer
.... Ready to rock and roll
fdcb7f89518a0198f115b70fd7d72c31.jpg

Reactions: iammooks and Chaki

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Grey is the original Cupra R grill and the White is my scale size prototype! Looking good so far, gonna make a grill design and go for a highly detailed test print, then onto using ABS material and finally printing the final product for sale in February!

Im gonna start a 3D printing thread this weekend which will showcase the list of items i will be making for the 1M Cupra/R! Pretty excited!
06b6971bcf8d76ca1bf102145bf49128.jpg

Sent from my Note_7P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Manic172

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
You got them then mate! was it much of a ball ache to arrange the shipping?

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
You got them then mate! was it much of a ball ache to arrange the shipping?

Ya i got em mate! I got lucky and someone on the Cupra R facebook drove over there and threw them on a pallet and wrapped it up for me and i bought the wrap, ratchet straps, and sent him 50 quid and a nice bottle of whiskey as a thank you! Shipping was 100 quid so all in all it costed me 250 quid for the seats front and back.

Reactions: Thai-wronghorse

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Grey is the original Cupra R grill and the White is my scale size prototype! Looking good so far, gonna make a grill design and go for a highly detailed test print, then onto using ABS material and finally printing the final product for sale in February!

Im gonna start a 3D printing thread this weekend which will showcase the list of items i will be making for the 1M Cupra/R! Pretty excited!
06b6971bcf8d76ca1bf102145bf49128.jpg

I am looking for some one to make me a new style cupra badge for the handle on the boot of the mk1. As it's a fibreglass boot and the handle isn't used for opening it will just be stuck in yo the recess
Resized_20191028_121703_4318.jpeg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.