what have you done to your car today ?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
I went with original Bosch. For mine it was part number 0 281 002 177 here is a pic of the old one. Be sure to look at yours and get the part number off of it. As they had 2 different sized ones. (Diameter of the Sensor)

I got mine of amazon for 40€ and arrived next day.

Also it would be pretty easy to find a leak in your stock intercooler piping. As there would be oil coming out of the crack into the outer surface. Mine had a small boost leak where the metal pipe attaches behind the engine to the rubber hose using a dinky big spring C clip. When these don’t sit right they leak ever so slightly. But if it leaked, you wouldn’t be getting decent boost.

Do yourself a favor and run your boost gauge line directly to the port on top of throttle body or under intake manifold. Then you’re reading the exact pressure the engine sees after the intercooler. IMHO reading from the Turbo area can lead to false readings if there is a problem with the car.

Stock map for me peaks 12-13psi and settles 9-10psi but I’m running a higher flowing exhaust manifold so it could bring those numbers up a bit.

Hope this helps buddy and I hope you find the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had all my intercooler piping out and double checked after refitting, im confident its not there. I checked every hose aside from coolant hoses. The turbo hose with the silly clip had a mil or two of play but was sturdy. Could well be leaking from there as theres oil residue. That will be fixed also by the fmic too anyway (if i install it properly lol)

My gauge is currently tapped off my dv with the N249 bypassed, i know lots of people scoff at that but its been fine for me. Duly noted about taking it off the intake mani, theres a one or two spare ports on there.

Sweet, didnt know you could get legit bosch stuff online especially amazon. Once everything's finished with the cooler ill get a new map sensor. Im certain its the 12mm variant, as i have two adapters here in my kit and can remember the sensor's approx size. Either way will get the number off the sensor itself.

Thanks for your help mate! Its been annoying me for a couple weeks now, but at least i know its a common issue.

Also have a horrible whine when driving which i hope will be solved by a gearbox shim mod arriving. Busy week! I should really start a readers ride thread :p

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Ordered some new pistons to day
20200616_175423.jpg

Reactions: Connor H

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Spent hours fiddling with this lot
071696c5fe7f1226519467c35c7a10eb.jpg

1006dec33d8c6f169deebeef4dee0427.jpg

Still yet to find a decent way of mounting the cooler, does anyone have any pictures up close or any advice on the best way?

I’m trying to mount it directly on the bottom of the crash bar and not use any of the brackets. Is this sound? I did search high and low for some good pics but nada

Reactions: Manic172

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Another full day and it’s done. Drivers side pipe is a complete PITA and stopped the fog fitting, passenger side was all clear. Probably going to have to get creative and redo the drivers side.

7fa5255977dfd13eceb78907bafb4f18.jpg

3fe8b937812183f24f6a6ab05d31efef.jpg

471e00bd9560e45547f9527eb9360efd.jpg

Special fanks to mamic sorting me out with the cooler and suggesting a sick little doodad for the missing n75 take off

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Still have limp mode after fitting an fmic so im thinkings down to map sensor or n75.

Going to find a good replacement map sensor fitst that hpefully isnt 70 quid.

Plus side my intake temp was 26 celsius at 3500k WOT with fmic.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Still have limp mode after fitting an fmic so im thinkings down to map sensor or n75.

Going to find a good replacement map sensor fitst that hpefully isnt 70 quid.

Plus side my intake temp was 26 celsius at 3500k WOT with fmic.
Hi mate is there any chance at all you might have broken the wires unplugging the map sensor when you took it out of your old cooler to fit into the new one? The wires are really old and very brittle and can break easy. I’ve done it myself before. They looked fine first glance but looking closer I saw I’d snapped one off as it was hanging by the insulation.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Hi mate is there any chance at all you might have broken the wires unplugging the map sensor when you took it out of your old cooler to fit into the new one? The wires are really old and very brittle and can break easy. I’ve done it myself before. They looked fine first glance but looking closer I saw I’d snapped one off as it was hanging by the insulation.

I won’t rule it out and I will check as I have to get in that area soon, but I have had it in and out quite a few times and never noticed anything. Got a new map sensor on the way for the time being!

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I won’t rule it out and I will check as I have to get in that area soon, but I have had it in and out quite a few times and never noticed anything. Got a new map sensor on the way for the time being!

Fair enough hope you find what’s going on if it is that you can buy a repair harness off eBay cheap enough. I hate stuff like this, happens to me ALL the time one mins it’s mint and then it breaks for no reason what so ever it’s just sods law mate.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Fair enough hope you find what’s going on if it is that you can buy a repair harness off eBay cheap enough. I hate stuff like this, happens to me ALL the time one mins it’s mint and then it breaks for no reason what so ever it’s just sods saw mate.

Precisely that lol. This has been going on for a few weeks now! The clip on the plug is actually broken but it stays snug on there and hasnt come close to coming off. I hope that couldn’t cause an issue?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise