what have you done to your car today ?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Car has started making a wonderful dry creak from between the foot wells and engine area when pulling off and stopping slowly. No idea what it is but it’s not the track rods of drop links, also:

-recently changed arb bushes to oem ones with copper grease

-steering rack to subframe has two bolts snapped (been that way problem free for couple of months)

Take your guesses on what it is?

AUDIO

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I got a set ages ago and after a couple of sets cutting the wiper I bit the bullet and cut an inch out the passenger arm then getting it welded - no more cutting down wiper blade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to have to look into that. My wiper blades are full length at the moment, and they don't foul on the side strip, they just rub it, but I'm not the kind of person who likes having things half done, so I'll have to find out what that'll cost and who'll do it.

I've been working my way through your build thread, @bruceR - lots of ideas there.

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Went to my garage to start clearing it out as I got the workshop now.... and forgot I started collecting these
20201010_140338.jpg
20201010_140333.jpg

An array of 18 x 8 and 8.5 bbs ch and reps lol

Reactions: Battoussai

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Polybushed my front ARB to find the source of creaking on pull off. No dice, but handling feels better now.

Got a horrible hard clonk around the wheel too, track rods seem fine no play, wondering if it’s the ball joint or CV

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Guess I gonna try to make full sets and then sell them I got
3x18x8
1x 18x8
1x18x8.5
3x18x8.5
Some bbs and some some sort of replicas lol

Might be interested in a set if they’re cheap, I can’t afford the wheels I want for awhile so I might get a beater pair in the mean time

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
New headlight bulbs, strapped the battery down as whoever replaced it left it loose

Reactions: Manic172

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
After I recently replaced my valve cover gasket, I decided to clean my under tray. 16 years of crud and oil. Yuck! I also replaced all the (missing/rusty) under tray fixings with a set I bought on ebay for a fiver. There's no glamour in owning a Mk1!!! :)
IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0875.JPG

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Hot water is good and I have a old tarp I but in the boot but the under tray in that wrap it up a couple off old beach towels wrapped round drive home take them out and leave to dry and refit that reminds me I have the wife’s to put back on

Reactions: g60stu
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members