what have you done to your car today ?

LCR AL

Jun 5, 2020
If it helps someone with their lower arms...I used PSB (problem solving bushings) bushes. Bought on ebay for 46 quid posted for both bushes, both sides. Poly bushes that need no tools needed to fit!
I popped them in by hand in 2 minutes.
Not done many miles on them yet but no issues so far.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rich.T

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Ive found a place that do the (cast) arms for £80 each.
I wont be asking TPS. They quoted me about £140 for a front coil spring. I dont even want to know what they charge for bottom arms

I’ve seen a few set of cast arms on 1.8t parts on Facebook 40£ the pair, although my memory is crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Ordered a couple more bits for retrieving snapped bolts in the steering rack. Really not looking forward to my first bolt extractions being my rack to subframe. Gotta wait for a dry day so I can pop my head under the car and see if the subframe can stay on while I do it.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
I’d pull a bolt out a rack any day get ya face in there.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Lmao. I hope euro car parts can still send stuff in the new lockdown

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I'm probably going to have to do half my work I need to do here on the street. Probably not the stuff that might involve snapped bolts though.

******* Tories.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Don’t blame the tories. People have ****** off all the advice they’ve been given, however back to cars. Ima do my roll bar bushes tomorrow

Reactions: Rich.T

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Aquarium hose arrived today (Gunson hose went cloudy after one use), threaded bar, steel discs, nuts and washers ordered to make a homemade bushing press, 2K lacquer on its way, hockey pucks in the post so I can cut them to fit the pinch welds on the jacking points... I'm nearly ready for lockdown... I just need to make it through the US election coverage first...

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Set off from work with 98k on the clock and got to where I was going and left with 217k on the clock happy days

That's diesels for you - I haven't filled up since March.

Something's definitely shagged either way - most likely your odometer - but if it's not, I'd take a look at your tyres, cambelt, clutch, wheel bearings, brakes, oil - after that kind of drive they could do with some attention... ;)

Reactions: Yellow fr

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Set off from work with 98k on the clock and got to where I was going and left with 217k on the clock happy days

Keep on driving until the clock wraps round to 0. You'll have a low mileage classic on your hands.;)

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Second day of car on stands looking for the mystery clunk/creak/clonk/cringe noise, think ive found it!

2 of 4 Subframe bolts were loose! Theres your proof that stretch bolts need replacing. bolts on order, 40 quid shorter. Will swap them around at the weekend, car should hopefully handle and feel much better after that.

Noticed the bushes around those bolts look like month old pie crust so i might replace those if i can do it with the frame on car?.

Also Found out my sump bolt is not OEM size and has been retapped, that makes my planned oil change this weekend awkward as i have to go around bolt in hand looking for comparisons and new washers..

Finally Wound out 1 of 2 broken steering rack to subframe bolts , and replaced the 3 good ones with new stretch bolts. 3 out of 4 should hold lol, The last one can stay as a present to the next owner, i cant be bothered to drop the subframe to drill it out. Been a good day.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
I don’t wanna talk about it is an understatement, got my self a nice sheet of scrap ally. Designed modelled and measured out myself a heat shield.

Cut it out, my jigsaw broke so I went full old skool and free hand it with a grinder.
Put the bends in, realised I had bent it the wrong way. Threw it across the workshop and left .

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
There seem to be two sump plug models. N90813202 fitted my old AUQ but N90288901 fitted my BAM.

ŠKODA Sump Plug (N90813202) | Horton ŠKODA

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
I don’t wanna talk about it is an understatement, got my self a nice sheet of scrap ally. Designed modelled and measured out myself a heat shield.

Cut it out, my jigsaw broke so I went full old skool and free hand it with a grinder.
Put the bends in, realised I had bent it the wrong way. Threw it across the workshop and left .

LOL

Measure twice cut once!

Reactions: Nam-uk
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members