what have you done to your car today ?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
I just had a look and damn, it's tempting. I'm on the same springs and shocks that the car came with, as I'm guessing they weren't replaced in the three years the car was on the road before I got my hands on it. The fact you run them on the TDI means I wouldn't expect any compatibility issues either.

It's getting difficult not to hit that big 'buy' button...

Please don’t get stance + coilovers, they’re the same as JOM just up priced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Are JOM... bad...?

What did you get, and how much did you pay?

Wel they’re the cheapest you can get, many people report them to be just fine but also seen people say they lasted a year. General consensus was the lower you go with cheap stuff the harsher it gets. I bought some Spax RsX off Nizza for 250, think they retailed at 800 when they were released. So far really impressed they’re low and not harsh at all.

But yeah I’ve heard it from two people in the business that they’re just recoloured and sold at a higher price.

Last edited:

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Took the car in for tracking. Both track rod ends are split. Fml

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Took the car in for tracking. Both track rod ends are split. Fml

Easy and cheap to change. Get one of these though - you can thank me later.

1d54191fe73b06a2a69662a71e32c400.jpg

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Easy and cheap to change. Get one of these though - you can thank me later.

1d54191fe73b06a2a69662a71e32c400.jpg

Why didn’t I see this before I left euro car parts lol. Plus they have a 45% sale on at the moment online. Got both ends for 16£

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Why didn’t I see this before I left euro car parts lol. Plus they have a 45% sale on at the moment online. Got both ends for 16£

Sometimes they come out of the knuckle with no effort at all, but if they don't, you can be hammering on them all day and they won't budge. With that tool it took two taps with a hammer to get the offside out after I'd spent the best part of a day trying and nothing.

Reactions: Sl1ced

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Mate when I take the handbrake off it goes so I don’t think they’re sticking. There’s no binding

I had new rear calipers 16 months ago but it started creaking again about 6 months ago. Lever is slack again so think the cable just needs tightening

Reactions: Sl1ced

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Wow after reading what everyone is up too, seems like alot of jobs having to work outside which sucks lol come summer they won't be nout wrong with them which is typical ?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
You want your car on form in the summer though.

Saying that, ive been racing to get my car done. Im a mechanic (30 years) so have a workshop and keys. But im having a career change starting from next monday so leaving work on friday.
Resealed the sump today. And will be putting the under tray back on in the week.

Reactions: Dazzalcr

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
I went "big" today and finally found the new rear wiper to fit the fabia estate wiper arm. Bosch A350H if anyone is interested and took all of 10 seconds to fit, that's my kind of job!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dazzalcr

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Yeah this is true these cars do like keeping us busy and some are lucky to have a garage, i use too grrr. But I would not swap this car, to me they look better than some or most modern cars. Well just picked up my engine bay plastics from being dipped and putting it all together on the hopefully when my new charge pipe comes. Be a WARM DAY lol

Reactions: iammooks

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Still having starting issues and fuel pressure drops while car sits. Starts 100% of the time, on the second crank. Once its driving/warmed up it drives no issues.

****'s winding me up now! Ive done everything i can to make sure the pump is installed right, so its emailing the place i got it from now.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Spent half the day cursing it whilst attempting to bleed the clutch & brakes.
I couldn't get VCDS to run on my laptop so wasn't able to cycle to ABS pump either which resulted in my efforts been wasted.
Pushed that aside and threw so more pretty bits at the engine bay instead.
f279ac8227d3423834c94d586dfa31b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
I wish I had bought a cupra r. That engine bay layout is so much better on the eyes

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Absolutely hooned it down with rain last night. I can guarantee that at least 50% of mk1 owners are dreading the next time they open their doors...

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
I didn’t manage to get the carpet up yet so mines still wet. Although going through my boxes last night I found a jubilee clip, spent hours trying to figure out what it was for then it hit me..... it should be holding my TIP on. Crud spent hours manipulating it on lol but we’re good now. Got track rod ends and a rocker gasket on the cards next