what have you done to your car today ?

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Got my wheels on now. Got some golf 17s. Also the guy is selling mkiv golf coil overs off a pd. would they fit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Connor H

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
What was the power as a standard car?
Is it a noticeable difference now?
Look like decent figures to me :)

It was putting out apparently 197bhp 271N torque without the map and just the mods which i was at first surprised by but makes sense.

driving at chill speeds it feels like my normal car, smoothed out the lumps too, nice idle etc. then throughout the range the power is naturally way increased and on for way longer. Actually well pleased with the whole thing. They replaced some hoses with something more rigid, popped some heat shields on some , and gave me a list of things to keep an eye on not even related to the remap. (sticky gears, knocking on the front and brake light switch fault which i was unaware of)

cant really knock it

Reactions: Rich.T

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
What mods have you done prior to yesterday?

Im going to slowly work through the bolt on mods on my car this year and hopefully take it in for a set up in the summer/autumn.

Glad to hear you're happy with it :)

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
It was putting out apparently 197bhp 271N torque without the map and just the mods which i was at first surprised by but makes sense.

driving at chill speeds it feels like my normal car, smoothed out the lumps too, nice idle etc. then throughout the range the power is naturally way increased and on for way longer. Actually well pleased with the whole thing. They replaced some hoses with something more rigid, popped some heat shields on some , and gave me a list of things to keep an eye on not even related to the remap. (sticky gears, knocking on the front and brake light switch fault which i was unaware of)

cant really knock it

If you don’t mind me asking what was the cost, they had my focus many years ago and the technicians really do go over everything for you

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
This all sucks because it's making me want to get my car tuned.

I like the kind of B-Road drives where you're always in and out of second, third and fourth, but took the car up Ditchling Beacon the other day and it was like second was too low and third was too high.

Is that a ratio thing or a power thing?

And Sliced - if it's from a PD, the fronts might be rated for the heavier diesel engine, so keep that in mind.

Reactions: Sl1ced

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Got my wheels on now. Got some golf 17s. Also the guy is selling mkiv golf coil overs off a pd. would they fit ?

fc3673e4115bb755ac8e8654e289fe34.jpg

This is what it said about fitting which engine they would fit
So I could take mine off the fr and put them on a 1.8t

Reactions: iammooks

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
If you don’t mind me asking what was the cost, they had my focus many years ago and the technicians really do go over everything for you

It close to 500 in the end, which i dont blame as i did some funky stuff with my n249 set up and they had to work with it.

300 for the map, new n75, hours labour for sorting out some hoses, 10 quid for the new forge spring in the dv etc

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
What mods have you done prior to yesterday?

Im going to slowly work through the bolt on mods on my car this year and hopefully take it in for a set up in the summer/autumn.

Glad to hear you're happy with it :)

full exhaust w sport cat, FMIC, turbo intake pipe, APS fuel pump, cone filter , i think thats about it aside from changing every vac pipe i could for a fresh one

Reactions: Rich.T

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
This all sucks because it's making me want to get my car tuned.

I like the kind of B-Road drives where you're always in and out of second, third and fourth, but took the car up Ditchling Beacon the other day and it was like second was too low and third was too high.

Is that a ratio thing or a power thing?

And Sliced - if it's from a PD, the fronts might be rated for the heavier diesel engine, so keep that in mind.

Do it! a simple stage 1 wont do any harm and doesnt need many if any mods

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
ive been known to be a bad influence :cool:

If I can get through the next week, I'll start thinking about it... Tomorrow I'll get the front on axle stands so I can start preparing to take off the nearside wishbone. After the drop link bolt snapped, I'm nervous about touching any of the other bolts, so will spray it with penetrating oil beforehand, tap it with a socket, and then heat it up - maybe over the course of a few days!

Am I right in thinking the front one is the one that's threaded straight into the subframe? I'll attack that one first. If anyone's got any tips to help calm my fears, it'd be massively appreciated.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
If I can get through the next week, I'll start thinking about it... Tomorrow I'll get the front on axle stands so I can start preparing to take off the nearside wishbone. After the drop link bolt snapped, I'm nervous about touching any of the other bolts, so will spray it with penetrating oil beforehand, tap it with a socket, and then heat it up - maybe over the course of a few days!

Am I right in thinking the front one is the one that's threaded straight into the subframe? I'll attack that one first. If anyone's got any tips to help calm my fears, it'd be massively appreciated.
dont talk about wishbones one of my bushes is dying

Last edited:

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire

Just give them a spray with wd40 and give them a couple off hits with the hammer undo them if tight undo a couple off turns and then tighten them back up and undo just work them in and out

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.