Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
BTCC_Brands_Hatch_2012-069.jpg

Hopefully look some thing like this

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Very nice ?

What happens when the car is finished?
General track days or is there a class that you'll be racing in?
No expense spared by the looks of things.

Rich

Reactions: Manic172

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Very nice ?

What happens when the car is finished?
General track days or is there a class that you'll be racing in?
No expense spared by the looks of things.

Rich

Its being built to be a purpose built racecar There is a few classes it should fit in to. It's now just getting time to carry on. But again when lock down is over all are welcome to come and help lol

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
replaced battery 1J0 915 105 AE from theses people https://www.tayna.co.uk best prices and next day, got the varta silver version for 80 quid delivered was looking at excide but specs were better also read there made in same factory as bosch and oem, the on in car is a 70ah varta with a lower CCA which is normal for that time you can still buy it on there but for a few more quid may as well get above, europarts want like 130 for it.

yeah, I got the same one. Ordered at 5.30pm and it came at 10.30am the next day!

Reactions: Nam-uk

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Tried getting my wishbone bushes out - especially the front one. Tried drilling, blowtorch, big hammer and socket...

Nothing.

Has anyone done this without injury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Tried getting my wishbone bushes out - especially the front one. Tried drilling, blowtorch, big hammer and socket...

Nothing.

Has anyone done this without injury?

Are your wishbones off? Im debating fitting my wishbone bush myself but seen people using ratchet straps to get it back in?

After the rear beam bushes i want no grief

Reactions: iammooks

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Are your wishbones off? Im debating fitting my wishbone bush myself but seen people using ratchet straps to get it back in?

If you want no grief I recommend getting spare wishbones (assuming you need your car) and getting someone to do them for you, it's a pain trying to do them without a press. Swapping wishbones is simple

Reactions: Rich.T

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
If you want no grief I recommend getting spare wishbones (assuming you need your car) and getting someone to do them for you, it's a pain trying to do them without a press. Swapping wishbones is simple

It’s one rear wishbone bush I need to replace

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018

I'm just trying different techniques on the wishbone with the snapped bolt - the last thing I want to do is take them both out of the car and then have major issues getting the bushes out. I'm going to try the homemade tool I used to get the front bush out, using a couple of hole saws though when I next have a chance.

I'm actually quite tempted to buy a press I've seen on eBay that's about £40 posted and then selling it on - or even if you're interested, I could buy it and then sell it on to you at a discount? The right tool makes all the difference, but then if you're only using it once, it's hard to justify.

Looking at this thread though, they make it seem pretty straightforward to do without a press. The front bushes are just rubber, without any sleeve, so it's weird that mine aren't coming out as easily as they say they should.

In other news, since the wishbone got replaced, the steering is definitely out - it actually handles like a pig - but I don't want to get an alignment until I've had the MoT and I can put the steering rack bush and wishbone bushes in.

That, and I've finally persuaded the other half to help me bleed the brake MC today. Really couldn't be bothered to get the Gunson out just to bleed that. Too much faff. At least it's a chance to take the charge pipe off and see if there's any soot buildup ahead of the MoT.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
I'm just trying different techniques on the wishbone with the snapped bolt - the last thing I want to do is take them both out of the car and then have major issues getting the bushes out. I'm going to try the homemade tool I used to get the front bush out, using a couple of hole saws though when I next have a chance.

I'm actually quite tempted to buy a press I've seen on eBay that's about £40 posted and then selling it on - or even if you're interested, I could buy it and then sell it on to you at a discount? The right tool makes all the difference, but then if you're only using it once, it's hard to justify.

Looking at this thread though, they make it seem pretty straightforward to do without a press. The front bushes are just rubber, without any sleeve, so it's weird that mine aren't coming out as easily as they say they should.

In other news, since the wishbone got replaced, the steering is definitely out - it actually handles like a pig - but I don't want to get an alignment until I've had the MoT and I can put the steering rack bush and wishbone bushes in.

That, and I've finally persuaded the other half to help me bleed the brake MC today. Really couldn't be bothered to get the Gunson out just to bleed that. Too much faff. At least it's a chance to take the charge pipe off and see if there's any soot buildup ahead of the MoT.

Would a gas axe not shift that bolt?

Reactions: iammooks

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Would a gas axe not shift that bolt?

If not the bolt, it would probably take out half the wishbone if I were using it...

I'll probably try a bolt extractor if I have a chance, and then once I get the bushes out I'll either recondition it and keep it as a spare or just put it back in the car and sell the new one.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.