what have you done to your car today ?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Need to adjust my rear coilover to see if the issue of that side sagging still persists now the bushes are done

after all the hard work i'd really like it if that was the case. Some reason i have doubts...

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Need to adjust my rear coilover to see if the issue of that side sagging still persists now the bushes are done

after all the hard work i'd really like it if that was the case. Some reason i have doubts...
I don't understand the sagging comment, if it's an adjustable coilover then surely you adjust it to hight you want?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
I don't understand the sagging comment, if it's an adjustable coilover then surely you adjust it to hight you want?

Not sure if you remember my previous thread but i had an issue with one side not raising. for months its been that the rear drivers side was wound to the top but still lower the the otherside, which is only wound up about 5 threads.

I changed the shocks and springs around but it remained. So i was hoping that the bushes were shot as it didnt happen on standard shocks either. I just adjusted that side this morning and im not convinced its fixed it entirely. I think you suggested a bent beam before actually.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Not sure if you remember my previous thread but i had an issue with one side not raising. for months its been that the rear drivers side was wound to the top but still lower the the otherside, which is only wound up about 5 threads.

I changed the shocks and springs around but it remained. So i was hoping that the bushes were shot as it didnt happen on standard shocks either. I just adjusted that side this morning and im not convinced its fixed it entirely. I think you suggested a bent beam before actually.

Say mate I’d you’ve changed shocks and springs something somewhere must be bent, I can’t imagine bushes creating that much of a difference in height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent

Ah yes I remember it now!

Reactions: Connor H

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Ah yes I remember it now!

Yeah a weird one for sure, my only two theories are;

1. One spring is buggered, and when i switched the shocks around to test, i accidentally put the springs back on the same sides without realising OR

2. Bent beam

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Yeah a weird one for sure, my only two theories are;

1. One spring is buggered, and when i switched the shocks around to test, i accidentally put the springs back on the same sides without realising OR

2. Bent beam

Having handled that beam over the past week, I'm wondering how it could be bent without there being some kind of catastrophic damage somewhere else - or a massive change in handling.

Reactions: Connor H

motormadmarc

Dec 24, 2020
Norfolk, Next To The Sea 🐟
Gave my new leon Mk 4 TSI Dynamic a wash and scub up today (between the rain showers) I used autoglym bodywork conditioner as a shampoo, and once washed and dried I then proceeded to wax the car using Bilt Hamber double speed wax. And finished off the job with a quick spray of P&S Beadmaker. Now to take It for a run and get It nice and dirty again ?

Reactions: Sl1ced

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Having handled that beam over the past week, I'm wondering how it could be bent without there being some kind of catastrophic damage somewhere else - or a massive change in handling.

Unless it’s structural and something is bent higher up. Or perhaps on the opposite front corner

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex

That’s exactly what I think, but I’m not an expert and I have no other theories haha

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
You'd be surprised just how much those rear beams can twist.
Hence the reason many people add a rear ARB to stiffen them up and dramatically improve the handling of this vehicle platform.

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I've had a spare beam G-clamped to a workbench whilst stripping it down and I was able to flex it quite easily with my body weight on one end.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Just a quick one - are these going to work as the drop link to wishbone bolt?

The diagram shows it being in the right place, but the ones I've taken out of the car only have threads half the length of the bolt, while these ones have the thread the whole length.

If not, if anyone has a link I'd be super grateful - want to get this done next week so I can relax a bit before the MoT...

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Just a quick one - are these going to work as the drop link to wishbone bolt?

The diagram shows it being in the right place, but the ones I've taken out of the car only have threads half the length of the bolt, while these ones have the thread the whole length.

If not, if anyone has a link I'd be super grateful - want to get this done next week so I can relax a bit before the MoT...

Yeah they're the ones, they simply supercede the original bolts hence they differ slightly in appearance.

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Yeah they're the ones, they simply supercede the original bolts hence they differ slightly in appearance.

Perfect - thank you.

I'm finding more and more that there are a lot of bolts out there where it's just a matter of finding the right size and length and they'll be absolutely fine, but for the time being if there's a VW version I may as well get that.

I'll replace both sides given how easily the nearside one snapped. When I can get the car on level ground I'll take out the wishbone and try to get the bolt out. I've got some bolt extractors so with any luck it'll just be a matter of spraying a lot of PlusGas in the threads and it'll loosen right up.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise