what have you done to your car today ?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Well, it was yesterday actually.
Took the car for a car wash as the hand car washes are all shut at the moment.

This morning at about 5.30, after a frosty night i get into my car.
No dampness/condensation and all the electrics worked!

It is a MK1 Leon honest.

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Well, it was yesterday actually.
Took the car for a car wash as the hand car washes are all shut at the moment.

This morning at about 5.30, after a frosty night i get into my car.
No dampness/condensation and all the electrics worked!

It is a MK1 Leon honest.

I'm not even joking when I say I'm genuinely thrilled to hear that.

I've had a fair bit of moisture on the windscreen recently - enough to soak the microfibre cloth I keep in the car - but then so do a lot of the cars on my street, and newer ones than mine.

In the past, my butyl tape jobs have been done with the door skin on the car, but I'll at least take the driver's door out over the summer (or when it's warm and dry again and do the seal again, just to be sure.

I always have a problem with residue from the old seals, which might be an issue getting a really tight seal, so I'm guessing WD40 and then IPA to get it all super clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I'm not even joking when I say I'm genuinely thrilled to hear that.

I've had a fair bit of moisture on the windscreen recently - enough to soak the microfibre cloth I keep in the car - but then so do a lot of the cars on my street, and newer ones than mine.

In the past, my butyl tape jobs have been done with the door skin on the car, but I'll at least take the driver's door out over the summer (or when it's warm and dry again and do the seal again, just to be sure.

I always have a problem with residue from the old seals, which might be an issue getting a really tight seal, so I'm guessing WD40 and then IPA to get it all super clean.

Its all come from constant repairs to be honest. Both front door catches, nsf regulator and osr door catch.
Not forgetting water getting in through the bulkhead causing mayhem with the electrics.
Used butyl tape (10mm i think) on all repairs.

Ive only had the car since last February!

Still doing the damp doorstep challenge on the nsf though.

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Nothing yet...... but I think its time to get a bit creative...
20210113_160041.jpg
20210113_160045.jpg

Nice but of purple kevlar and black carbon weaved fabric...

Reactions: Rich.T

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Its all come from constant repairs to be honest. Both front door catches, nsf regulator and osr door catch.
Not forgetting water getting in through the bulkhead causing mayhem with the electrics.
Used butyl tape (10mm i think) on all repairs.

Ive only had the car since last February!

Still doing the damp doorstep challenge on the nsf though.

I hate to say this but some of my foot wells have been just slightly damp to the touch since I got the car. I’m too afraid to pay any notice to it haha

Reactions: Sl1ced

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I wonder if Golfs and A3s suffer the same.

Oh, you bet. They all have the same problem.

In all honesty that just makes it worse - to design a car and not consider that the car might get rained on from time to time...

I've just checked my driver's footwell and the foot pad is wet. I've not been able to put my mats in for a good few months, but the car is definitely a nicer place to be than it has been having at least slowed the leaks.

Reactions: BadBoy03 and Rich.T

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
First MOT in my ownership and it passed, apart from needing an brake fluid change (apparently the rules have been made stricter recently on brake fluid condition).

Reactions: Rich.T
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.