what have you done to your car today ?

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
So... mr Rich Tea sent me a package containing the heat shield and some...... well..... stuff thanks a lot mate

cebff5b4c7621bac36989423a7b2b20d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Manic172 and Rich.T

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Costs a lot of money to use this sight doesn't it

My car was totally stock when I joined - and all I was looking for was some tips on how I could get the car through emissions. Now it's like every job that needs doing, someone here has done it before and it's like 'for a little more you could use performance parts'. Then I use those performance parts and my car starts driving like I want it to. Then I'm like 'hmm, front end feels a little soft' so I buy more performance parts. Then I'm like 'hmm, steering is a little loose' so I buy more performance parts.

I'm telling my girlfriend that I'm buying polybushes because I'll never have to replace them again, but that's only about 1/3 true.

RARB would be super easy to fit and I've only heard good things about them.

**** you guys. **** you all.

Reactions: Rich.T and Connor H

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
My car was totally stock when I joined - and all I was looking for was some tips on how I could get the car through emissions. Now it's like every job that needs doing, someone here has done it before and it's like 'for a little more you could use performance parts'. Then I use those performance parts and my car starts driving like I want it to. Then I'm like 'hmm, front end feels a little soft' so I buy more performance parts. Then I'm like 'hmm, steering is a little loose' so I buy more performance parts.

I'm telling my girlfriend that I'm buying polybushes because I'll never have to replace them again, but that's only about 1/3 true.

RARB would be super easy to fit and I've only heard good things about them.

**** you guys. **** you all.

Haha it’s a compulsion, It’s probably a habit from riding bikes for so long, gotta dial in the build. I’m also guilty of pushing the car on corners pretty hard lol it’s good to know your limit of grip.

Hence the buying of a RARB because I had some loosey goosey moments the other day

Reactions: iammooks

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
When i fitted my strut braces i was doing 5 miles a day in traffic. Explain that one ?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Im going to look at rear roll bars and axle bushes once my car has had, intercooler, exhaust and remap. The list wont be any shorter when that lot is done.

I was so close to pushing the big button that leads to breakups earlier, but I've got other things I really need to do first - I've booked in for my MoT next week, and hopefully this will be the first year I pass without any problems, but it'll be good to have a few pounds put by if I do need to fix anything. Remap would probably come before the RARB.

The really good news is that it looks like I'm solving a lot of little problems, and on top of the brakes, I think my smoke problem is solved too. I put some injector cleaner through before Christmas and since then I haven't had any noticeable smoke on startup or on hard acceleration. A couple of runs up and down the A23 and maybe a wash, and I'll be ready to go. Then I'll have the freedom to start installing the wishbone bushes, the dogbone mount and the steering rack bush without the MoT breathing down my neck.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
The mot is one of my concerns (although im a tester).

Im worried that these sports cats aren't that great long term. Ive got no evidence of this but it is something that is nagging me.

Last edited:

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
I’ve not used the car much at all since December. Bits here and there latest effort was re sealing the drivers door!! Original 18 year old foam seals haha.

Still do need to get a belt and water pump done before I start using it again

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.