what have you done to your car today ?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Ah ok I literally know nothing about Diesel engines never had one in my life my mates really into it tho. He has a mk4 golf with loads of darkside bits on it keeps up with my 2.0tfsi upto round town easy. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Had a tidy up and a move about . Had to put the wheels on . Oh she looks nice...
20210220_155422.jpg

Had a nightmare with the coolers as the bumper curves. So having to have a rethink on the lay out and the positioning. . But nice view threw the old fog light hole.
20210220_190111.jpg

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Joys of having spares to experiment with

I've been planning on cleaning the inlet manifold for ages now - got a replacement gasket ready to go. Have you taken yours off? I'm convinced I'm going to round or snap the bolts given I can't see where I'm putting anything. If I know it's not the kind of place where I'm going to come across seized bolts, I'll put it higher up on the to-do list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Its not the bolts thats the problem its the crap youve gotta clean out.
Ive never seen such claggy shite in all my life.

Rubber gloves and clothes you plan to chuck in the bin afterwards a must.
You dont want that crap in your washing machine.

On a more positive note, egr cleaner works really well.

Rich

Reactions: Manic172

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018

Rich

I managed to get some on the carpet when I cleaned my EGR valve. It was a light coloured one too. I used brake cleaner to get it off in the end - worked perfectly.

I'll have to give it a go then - I've got two cans of Mr Muscle ready to go. If the EGR valve was anything to go by, I'd be lucky if the whole thing isn't breathing through a hole the size of my index finger.

And I've got small hands.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
A small mirror may come in handy.
Also whilst the manifolds off youll need to try and get the crap out of the ports in the head.

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Is that intake on back to front or is this a different engine from the normal PD150???

That messed with my head too. Turbo is in the right place but would imagine the intake pipe to EGR valve would be facing to the right if we're looking at it from the bulkhead side.

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
So, my post caused some confusion... my evil plan worked! Muahahaha!

Anyway, taking the bolts out of the inlet manifold was an absolute doddle, access is an issue, but a 6mm allen bit worked beautifully.

Yes, it's a gearbox facing inlet manifold rather than the standard one. Also, the turbo inlet has been clocked.

Reactions: iammooks

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net

Rich

If you go to your local Renault trucks service place. They sell the best carbon remover going. I use it all the time for cleaning egr pipes and compressor pipes that have carbon build up.

Reactions: Scotty_b

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
So, my post caused some confusion... my evil plan worked! Muahahaha!

Anyway, taking the bolts out of the inlet manifold was an absolute doddle, access is an issue, but a 6mm allen bit worked beautifully.

Yes, it's a gearbox facing inlet manifold rather than the standard one. Also, the turbo inlet has been clocked.

Some re-plumbing going on in the future then?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Yesterday i replaced 4 sections of hose on the car. 1st was the cold air feed pipe (controversial lol) to the air filter. Thought it was going to be a bumper off job as when id had the bumper off previously, id left the plastic piece off behind the headlight that the original pipe attached too.
Turns out the new pipe is so big that by the time id trimmed back the plastic behind the headlamp, there wouldnt be a lot left of it. So left it out.
3 inch diameter.
$_12.gif

Also fitted the elbow from turbo to hot pipe, pipe to inlet manifold, and from hotpipe.
$_57.jpeg.jpg
$_1.jpeg-1.jpg

The elbow went on easy and was a good fit. The 2 others on the other hand were the devils work. Both needed trimming. Also due to the lack of stretch they were an efing tight fit!
Give yourself a good hour if your going to fit these.

On the plus side, driving the car, it felt a lot snappier and responsive. But could just be a placebo affect.
I'll see how it feels this week.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.