what have you done to your car today ?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Lots of these things I've been wondering about - boost pipes, silicone this and that - whether it'll help the engine breathe a bit better and maybe iron out some of the hesitation and what definitely feels like a lack in power from when it was new(er). First thing to do is the cheaper stuff, so sorting the turbo vanes and cleaning the inlet manifold is the priority, then we'll see if that has any noticeable effect on power delivery and go from there. For what I use it for, I'm more than happy with the stock car, but if I can keep it healthy and running efficiently, I don't see why it can't last as long again as it has already.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Lots of these things I've been wondering about - boost pipes, silicone this and that - whether it'll help the engine breathe a bit better and maybe iron out some of the hesitation and what definitely feels like a lack in power from when it was new(er). First thing to do is the cheaper stuff, so sorting the turbo vanes and cleaning the inlet manifold is the priority, then we'll see if that has any noticeable effect on power delivery and go from there. For what I use it for, I'm more than happy with the stock car, but if I can keep it healthy and running efficiently, I don't see why it can't last as long again as it has already.

If you clean the manifold and turbo at the same time then take the car out, itll blow your socks off 😁.
The difference will be like night and day.
Dont forget to work the actuator.

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
If you clean the manifold and turbo at the same time then take the car out, itll blow your socks off .
The difference will be like night and day.
Dont forget to work the actuator.

Fantastic. I just thought I'd got used to the power - who'd have thought that fifteen years without a really good clean might mean the engine's not putting out as much power as it used to?

Pretty excited now about doing it - I'll get the undertray off to do the dogbone mount and taking the manifold off will give me more light on the turbo to see what I'm doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Mate... when I collected that bumper n stuff you didn’t look that old!

Don't start. My girlfriend is ten years older than me and she looks younger than I do.

Reactions: Manic172

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Got a nasty af grinding sound while reversing into my space earlier. Dark so no time to look but has me worried lol.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
At this time of year it tends to be something innocent. A couple of years ago I got some grit between my rear brake caliper and the disc. Made a horrible noise and scored the disc, but took the wheel off and unbolted the carrier and it sorted itself out.

Reactions: Connor H

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Not done alot - fitted a diagnostic gauge for err diagnosis

IMG_20210221_151027.jpg

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
**** shield behind the brake disc rubbing on the disc or bottom balljoint metal **** shield rubbing on the disc.

Last edited:

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
**** shield behind the brake disc rubbing on the disc or bottom balljoint metal **** shield rubbing on the disc.
Its enough friction to make reversing harder, im sure its not the brake shields as ive manually pried them away from the disc a couple of times on the roadside haha

gonna have to jack it up tomoz and check it out

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise