what have you done to your car today ?

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Just a thought, you don't have a mate with a welder who could weld a big nut on top of the security bolt?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
If you cant get a refund have a go at adjusting it.

When I fitted my front mount kit (bought 2nd hand) I was blowing off one of the pipes every time I hit full boost. Was driving me mad.
I had to chop an inch off a metal pipe and it's been fine ever since...and well tested.

If anything fits straight on and goes to plan with this car it's a bonus!

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Its an option. My old place of work has a large pipe bender and could pop in n see.
If i get no luck from Ebay and co ill think about it.
Not a nice feeling when a pipe blows off so lost the faith for now.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Just a thought, you don't have a mate with a welder who could weld a big nut on top of the security bolt?

I have a mig welder. That’s what my dad said. I’m escalating the situation slowly lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LCR AL

Jun 5, 2020
Its an option. My old place of work has a large pipe bender and could pop in n see.
If i get no luck from Ebay and co ill think about it.
Not a nice feeling when a pipe blows off so lost the faith for now.
Yeah, my pipe that kept going was behind the fog light grill. Must have popped off about 10 times over 2 days while I tried adjusting the fitment and trying different clamps, before finally giving it a chop.
Not much fun refitting it on the side of the road every time you test it!

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Not much fun refitting it on the side of the road every time you test it!

Preaching to the choir sister.

Im glad i had the tools and original pipe with me.
Didn't even bother trying to re-attach the new one.
Just grabbed the original, stuck it on and headed home.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Bought some blank centre caps I'm hoping will fit my FR wheels that I can then put a SEAT badge on and stop messing about with the star style caps that cover the wheel bolts.

Also bought a boost gauge and an air vent mount.

Then some equipment I bought for work failed - hopefully I can send it back, otherwise I'm £200 down.

When it comes to the car, I try not to get upset about things that weren't my fault. Sometimes things just don't work. I'll save the anger for the times I later realised there was a different solution to something that ended up with me sawing something in half or in my case, having to buy a new wishbone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rich.T

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex

Do you use Murray clamps?
Had intercooler hose blow off twice until I refitted with Murray clamps. No prob since.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

LCR AL

Jun 5, 2020

I kept going out with a handful of clips and tools. Thankfully there is a quiet stretch of dual carriageway near my house with a lay by on each side.
Atleast putting the original back on was an option for you. I was well past the point of no return!
I was considering buying one of those pipes til I removed mine and found it was already debaffled so I just painted it black.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Do you use Murray clamps?
Had intercooler hose blow off twice until I refitted with Murray clamps. No prob since.

Id never heard of them but just had a look and can see the advantage over a standard jubilee clip. Going to have a look at the size on the car and get one ordered. Nice one 👍

Reactions: Sparkie

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I kept going out with a handful of clips and tools. Thankfully there is a quiet stretch of dual carriageway near my house with a lay by on each side.
Atleast putting the original back on was an option for you. I was well past the point of no return!
I was considering buying one of those pipes til I removed mine and found it was already debaffled so I just painted it black.

I looked at de baffling mine a few weeks ago when i replaced the elbow but couldn't figure out how to remove it. So didn't. Still an opinion as at least the pipe fits.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Id never heard of them but just had a look and can see the advantage over a standard jubilee clip. Going to have a look at the size on the car and get one ordered. Nice one

Yeah designed to spread load evenly across clamp. Good stuff.
Owen developments sell them at a decent price but there is post to pay.

Rioja Cupra

Sep 11, 2016
Thank you Sparkie

News to me too, they are nice.

Which type do you use for air hoses? The corrugated version?

Fitting a new FMIC which is a PITA so will investigate getting some for that.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Went and filled it up for the week.
Gave it beans and no dramas 🙂
Passenger door still not working 🤨

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
clean and polish, 4 new bosch coil packs, visited manic and adjusted my rebound up a notch all around. been a Good weekend

0e0b97b7f0af12021dd291b219d3b462.jpg

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Struggling to find a hose clamp from the turbo elbow to the charge pipe. Anyone know somewhere that'll supply a decent one? The one one there has been tightened and loosened so many times now i dont trust it (not as smooth when turning the screw as it was). The seller of the charge pipe wanted pix of it fitted so its been off and on twice today. Its about 275mm which is the problem. Its a big bugga!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.