what have you done to your car today ?

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Fitted a rear anti roll bar. Thanks @Thai-wronghorse for supplying it ;)
The clamps going round the rear beam were a pain in the bum. I’d love to get hold of some proper clamps like the ones used on the neuspeed arbs. Anyhow, all fitted and all good.
I have the front arb too, but fitting that is way above my grade and I really don’t want to go to a garage so it’ll stay off for now.

View attachment 23331

Good to see you've got it fitted it mate, yeah those clamps are fiddly when new as they're obviously not to the shape of the rear beam but once on they're sweet.
I've got the Neuspeed bar on mine and admittedly the supplied clamps with those are better but then they're also considerably more expensive.
The front isn't particularly difficult but definitely more involved as you'll need to drop the subframe to do it.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Good to see you've got it fitted it mate, yeah those clamps are fiddly when new as they're obviously not to the shape of the rear beam but once on they're sweet.
I've got the Neuspeed bar on mine and admittedly the supplied clamps with those are better but then they're also considerably more expensive.
The front isn't particularly difficult but definitely more involved as you'll need to drop the subframe to do it.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
I had real trouble with those clamps. I struggled to get them closed enough to get the nut and bolt to connect in order to tighten them. I ended up going up a size to 97-104 mikalor clamps. Made the job much easier.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
After lots of swearing, put the car back together and took it for a test drive.

And spent the whole time laughing because, for once, the mods done have made a big difference to the driving experience
Its nice when hard earnt time and money make a difference.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
After lots of swearing, put the car back together and took it for a test drive.

And spent the whole time laughing because, for once, the mods done have made a big difference to the driving experience

Gotta love a successful shakedown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
It's really satisfying when you're doing something that should work but there's no info about doing it so you're going more on faith than anything else

Oh, quick self promo time for my RR thread

Last edited:
Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
It's really satisfying when you're doing something that should work but there's no info about doing it so you're going more on faith than anything else

Oh, quuck self promo time for my RR thread

Looking forward to some diesel mods - and to find out what your plans are for the air intake.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Reused the standard charge pipe to reroute the intercooler piping to turbo, much much better. Standard dump valve back on and the combination has seen a noticeable increase in poke
fb1e3f0f21d589a3096f77deff8fe9c0.jpg

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Bloody eBay sellers...

Remember the CSC arrived damaged in the clutch kit I bought? The seller has just sent a label to return it. The whole lot. All for a damaged CSC that they could have refunded me for.

To make things worse, I had a voucher on eBay that gave me money off, so I got the whole lot for £260 - flywheel and all - and I'm not going to get that discount if I buy another one.

And of course, I'm sure some of you know just how much a complete clutch kit including the flywheel actually weighs. I really don't want to be carrying that to my Post Office. God knows how much it's costing them to send it back. Actually, I just checked - £30 is how much. You could probably buy a CSC for that much.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Bloody eBay sellers...

Remember the CSC arrived damaged in the clutch kit I bought? The seller has just sent a label to return it. The whole lot. All for a damaged CSC that they could have refunded me for.

To make things worse, I had a voucher on eBay that gave me money off, so I got the whole lot for £260 - flywheel and all - and I'm not going to get that discount if I buy another one.

And of course, I'm sure some of you know just how much a complete clutch kit including the flywheel actually weighs. I really don't want to be carrying that to my Post Office. God knows how much it's costing them to send it back. Actually, I just checked - £30 is how much. You could probably buy a CSC for that much.

Maybe cut your losses and look into a new csc ? Then weigh up what you’ve saved vs that. I’d just send the csc back haha

Reactions: iammooks and g60stu

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Ordered oil n filter and diverter valve from TPS.
I'll stick the valve on as soon as it turns up to see if it makes any difference.

Reactions: Sl1ced

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Maybe cut your losses and look into a new csc ? Then weigh up what you’ve saved vs that. I’d just send the csc back haha

Been thinking about it. I sent them a message to ask if they'd just send me a CSC but I'm not holding out much hope. Three different people have replied to the messages I've sent so it's one of those outfits where they're so big that they can't properly keep track of these things.

Reactions: Sl1ced

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Been thinking about it. I sent them a message to ask if they'd just send me a CSC but I'm not holding out much hope. Three different people have replied to the messages I've sent so it's one of those outfits where they're so big that they can't properly keep track of these things.

You could probably get a Sachs/LUK CSC from euros for 30-45 pounds. Might be better to cut your losses and go down that path. And the advantage of Euros is you can return items direct to their branches if you have issues. Good luck anyhow.

Reactions: iammooks
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.