what have you done to your car today ?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
All this talk of wheel bearings and im getting a loud humm at certain points when turning or going straight

wheel bearing ?

Find a clear road and drive at about 30mph.
Swerve left and right to see if the noise gets louder and quieter.

If it gets louder when turning left, its the right bearing.

If it gets louder when turning right, its the left bearing.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Find a clear road and drive at about 30mph.
Swerve left and right to see if the noise gets louder and quieter.

If it gets louder when turning left, its the right bearing.

If it gets louder when turning right, its the left bearing.
Im gonna change my tranny oil and if that doesnt solve it, then its wheel bearings time. Think thats one for the garage

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Yanno, being on here is proving to be ******* expensive

20210409_173000.jpg

Reactions: Connor H and Rich.T

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Scored today and picked up a front TT 225 assembly :

subframe
quick rack
tie rods
hubs
Drive shafts
ARB
wishbones
ball joints
oh and front suspension lol

for 60 quid!

If anyone wants the ARB for free let me know
Fvck me that was cheap! Steering racks go for that alone.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: iammooks

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Fvck me that was cheap! Steering racks go for that alone.

Right!? and 8 miles away what a treat. I had to hack the tie rods off but a small expense lol.

I wasnt even going to do the rack swap but i couldnt say no!

Now to source some defcon/cookbot inserts for the wishbones lol

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Cool 👍 guessing it’s a case of top plate above, rest of it below and try to get them level
yeah fit the two black plates sandwiching the tower, nut down the silver inner on the damper and bring it up thru tower, fix with the 4 allen bolts (y)

Let me know if you get knocks, im trying to elimite some and i cant tell if its coilovers or top mounts (they're tight af alread
If you go to CB Autos website and the cookbots are listed out of stock, message them and they’ll list a set for you (they did for me)

I emailed him twice before to no reply, but ill try get at him via facebook thanks for that tip. Maybe he makes them to order or somethi ng

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
yeah fit the two black plates sandwiching the tower, nut down the silver inner on the damper and bring it up thru tower, fix with the 4 allen bolts (y)

Let me know if you get knocks, im trying to elimite some and i cant tell if its coilovers or top mounts (they're tight af alread

I emailed him twice before to no reply, but ill try get at him via facebook thanks for that tip. Maybe he makes them to order or somethi ng

Will do. They never replied to me, I just kept checking the site after asking and there they were

Reactions: Connor H

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
i am too f**cking jealous, hope you got a good price!
Yeah it was very reasonable considering what they cost brand new.
I had toyed with the idea of getting an LSD but the cost was hugely off putting but stumbled upon this one on eBay and thought sod it this is my most cost effective option of going this route.

I've also sourced a very cheap 4th gear input shaft support which should come next week.

Next on the bargain hunting list is steel shift forks...

Reactions: Rich.T and Connor H

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Fitted the new OE dv and replaced the hose between the intake pipe and puck. Its an inch or so longer than the one that was on there. Now the puck sits higher than the top of the catch tank (slightly).
There was mayonnaise in the pipe i replaced, which means its getting into the tip n turbo. Getting me down now and cant figure out what to do next.
20210410_154227.jpg

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Fitted the new OE dv and replaced the hose between the intake pipe and puck. Its an inch or so longer than the one that was on there. Now the puck sits higher than the top of the catch tank (slightly).
There was mayonnaise in the pipe i replaced, which means its getting into the tip n turbo. Getting me down now and cant figure out what to do next.
View attachment 23699
Why can't you just cut the red pipe shorter to lower the puck?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Why can't you just cut the red pipe shorter to lower the puck?

I want it higher. The idea being to try to make the path from the catch tank to the puck an up hill one to reduce the moisture to it. I know it wont stop the moistutre in the vapour, more the droplets.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.