what have you done to your car today ?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Thats probably why so many dont tell em about modifications.

Went on compare the meerkat earlier and have sorted insurance with Aviva.

I haven't told mine about the bushings. Given they charge you money just to change something on the policy, I don't fancy my chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I haven't told mine about the bushings. Given they charge you money just to change something on the policy, I don't fancy my chances.

Don’t think they give a monkey’s about bushing unless ones looking to make that part of a claim.
Bit like a clutch plate or brake pads n discs.
Not really modifications.
At green light I only pay for power mods. Everything else just gets added to the list and nothing more mentioned.
In fact last upgrade of about 30 brake and they said there wouldn’t charge me as I’d already paid for a power upgrade when I first mapped it.
Result.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Don’t think they give a monkey’s about bushing unless ones looking to make that part of a claim.
Bit like a clutch plate or brake pads n discs.
Not really modifications.
At green light I only pay for power mods. Everything else just gets added to the list and nothing more mentioned.
In fact last upgrade of about 30 brake and they said there wouldn’t charge me as I’d already paid for a power upgrade when I first mapped it.
Result.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Whereas mine upped my premium when I mentioned that someone had caused some damage to the car when it was parked in the street outside my girlfriend's house. Only found out when they refused to price match when I hadn't declared this for the quote.

Snakes.

I'm sure if they got a sniff of polyurethane they'd ramp up the price by at least £100. Even though for the most part, the bushes worked out only a little more than OEM.

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Try to get in car in the pi$$ing rain.
Oh joy, the drivers door lock module has failed.
The hatred I have for the stupid lock design is off the bloody scale.

There is something very Mr. Beanish on pulling up at the supermarket car park,
winding down the electric window in the siling rain,
and reaching out with the keys to unlock the door from the outside, so I can get out of the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nam-uk and bruceR

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Mine is wired into my cigarette lighter and my vac source comes through one of the spare grommets where the loom comes through. It was one of the first things I did and pretty easy to be honest

Trouble is that diesels are always more complicated. Luckily I was recommended a little metal thing that I can run the hose off the MAF sensor that'll give me the pressure reading, and then it's just a matter of running the cables into the car. I'm guessing I can plug it all in through where the wiring loom comes through the scuttle, which does mean taking it all apart, but once it's done, it's done.

Not a bad idea running it off the lighter - I've got these clips Yellow FR recommended that mean I can run it so it lights up when the lights are on, but I'm always open to suggestions.

In other news, some nasty rain down here lately, but the carpets are dry. Popped out with one of those nubuck brushes to try and clean the head liner and the edges where I've managed to get grubby finger marks, and it came off fine. Saw a Chris Fix video a while back where he says not to use liquid cleaners on those parts and it's looking much better now.

welshy46

Dec 6, 2015
Maanchestorr
My old boost gauge was ran off the dimmer switch for the clocks so I could control the brightness. My new digital one is ran off the live to the dash lights so it comes on when I turn on the sidelights.

The boost hose is ran from a T on the fuel pressure regulator. Through the electrical conduit behind where the air filter sits, then across the scuttle panel and in through a hole I made in the grommet, into the drivers side of the cabin. With a snot of silicone sealant to keep out the water.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sl1ced

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
My old boost gauge was ran off the dimmer switch for the clocks so I could control the brightness. My new digital one is ran off the live to the dash lights so it comes on when I turn on the sidelights.

The boost hose is ran from a T on the fuel pressure regulator. Through the electrical conduit behind where the air filter sits, then across the scuttle panel and in through a hole I made in the grommet, into the drivers side of the cabin. With a snot of silicone sealant to keep out the water.

Same way mine is routed

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I wont be fitting a boost (worry) gauge in mine.
If the readings on it are slightly different one day I'll start panicking and asking all sorts of questions on here lol.
Ignorance is bliss......

Reactions: Scotty_b and Sl1ced

Fishbowlhead

Mk3 CupraST 280
Nov 20, 2020
Anyone know where else i can get one of these? Version 1 dogbone mount insert for a mk3 cupra 280, these guys currently put of stock and i want to get one in asap for the service end of month.

welshy46

Dec 6, 2015
Maanchestorr
Anyone know where else i can get one of these? Version 1 dogbone mount insert for a mk3 cupra 280, these guys currently put of stock and i want to get one in asap for the service end of month.

Awesome GTI in Manchester has then listed https://www.awesomegti.com/034motorsport/034motorsport-billet-aluminium-mqb-dogbone-mount-insert/

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Just picked up a pair of OEM door lock modules from TPS, now waiting for a decent spell of dry weather to get them installed.

Reactions: Rich.T

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Just picked up a pair of OEM door lock modules from TPS, now waiting for a decent spell of dry weather to get them installed.

Pricey but i bet they last a lot longer than the ebay specials.

Reactions: bruceR
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members