B3NNYs Flash Red K03 Hybrid Ibiza Cupra - First Hybrid logs (WMI Installed)

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Looks wise its spot on, mint! Like you said any more power and it would be too much. Hope to get mine up to this standard one day. What cold air feed are you using? Looks like the pipework from a tumble dryer, that filter is going to get plenty of cold air! Top work Benny.

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
like shiny new! lol. looks awesome mate it hasnt stopped raining here for like a week im never gonna get chance to clean it like that:(

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
also benny, i think you shouldn't have colour coded the bump strips (i don't like any colour mk3 with it) especially if you left it black it would have kept the theme (but everyone to their own)

i didn't like the spoiler (when it wasn't on the car) but when on looked MINT!

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Looks wise its spot on, mint! Like you said any more power and it would be too much. Hope to get mine up to this standard one day. What cold air feed are you using? Looks like the pipework from a tumble dryer, that filter is going to get plenty of cold air! Top work Benny.

Cheers,

The cold air feed is a 100mm piper X cross one its pretty tight down in the wing but fits!

also benny, i think you shouldn't have colour coded the bump strips (i don't like any colour mk3 with it) especially if you left it black it would have kept the theme (but everyone to their own)

i didn't like the spoiler (when it wasn't on the car) but when on looked MINT!

I still have the old ones in the attic, so i may try it just for comparison, although i think th CC smoothes it out abit.

Please lose that bonnet bra!

Looking awesome as usual. :D

Cheers Phil, you dont like the bra? Tough it covers my stone chips and prevents any more!:p

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Nah its been done to death i think, plus it'll ruined the paintwork even more!

Shame i cant make to to the national meet now, would love to see your car in the flesh.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Fair comment, i think it finish`s the front end off quite nicly, im only using it for shows it wont be on there for any length of period as i`ve seen the state of some of the bonnets where its been on there for a while. It`ll be coming off tonight washed and waxed in the morning then reapplied for the show.

I was hoping you would be turning up too, not many mk3`s going :(

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
thats a very clean car!!! :clap: i'd not want to drive it and risk getting it dirty!!!:rolleyes:
cars are never that clean in the showroom are they:shrug:

on a side note........the pics of the car on the drive..... remind me of a Pistonheads advert a couple of 3 years ago i was looking at when i was previously looking at buying an ibiza.... did you used to own a yellow ibiza? tinted window maybe??

Oct 2, 2006
Top work David your car is looking awesome, some really nice subtle touches, seeing the battery relocation makes me want to do it too now as the rear of my car is all stripped out. Keep up the good work :)

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
Todays been a long day, i booked the day off of work to get the car cleaned and ready for the national meet.

After almost 7hrs of cleaning and doing small odd jobs to bring the car upto scratch its finally done!

IMGP0301.jpg

Front arch

IMGP0304.jpg

Painted the inner of the disc looks so much better opposed to the rust :)

IMGP0314.jpg

is it 50mm cable you used from engine room to battery?looks awsome mate one of the best cupras[B)]

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Just been catching up on the last few pages of updates since I last looked over your thread and loving the work you've put into this mate, very well done :D

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
thats a very clean car!!! :clap: i'd not want to drive it and risk getting it dirty!!!:rolleyes:
cars are never that clean in the showroom are they:shrug:

on a side note........the pics of the car on the drive..... remind me of a Pistonheads advert a couple of 3 years ago i was looking at when i was previously looking at buying an ibiza.... did you used to own a yellow ibiza? tinted window maybe??

Cheers mate, you should of seen the state of it after we had to try to drive them across a bogged up field at the National meet and also the wet drive up there was a nightmere, wasnt impressed to say the least!

Yup that would of been my old mk2 16v.

is it 50mm cable you used from engine room to battery?looks awsome mate one of the best cupras[B)]

I`ve used 4AWG pro audio power cable for the live and negative.

Just been catching up on the last few pages of updates since I last looked over your thread and loving the work you've put into this mate, very well done :D

Cheers mate, time to get yours on the road now!

Last edited:

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
Cheers mate, you should of seen the state of it after we had to try to drive them across a bogged up field at the National meet and also the wet drive up there was a nightmere, wasnt impressed to say the least!

Yup that would of been my old mk2 16v.

i've seen some pictures of the National Meet and did think it looked muddy :whistle:

*puts on anorak* i recognised your raised drive of all things, then remembered your yellow ibiza!
remembered it being quite tidy TBH! think it had sold by the time my insurance paid out :(.......

the amount of useless info thats in my head :headhurt:....... none of it would stop me using my 3 life-lines :rolleyes:

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
i've seen some pictures of the National Meet and did think it looked muddy :whistle:

*puts on anorak* i recognised your raised drive of all things, then remembered your yellow ibiza!
remembered it being quite tidy TBH! think it had sold by the time my insurance paid out :(.......

the amount of useless info thats in my head :headhurt:....... none of it would stop me using my 3 life-lines :rolleyes:

Yeh, it was a little muddy nothing that about 3hrs couldnt sort out on the saturday morning[:@]

The yellow one was pretty tidy had the usaul yellow fade but always went pretty well, found it on ebay written off about a year ago.

Mat

car looked **** mate.... seen better corsas!

Joking fella, the front end looks mint, the entire car looked tidy!

I realised after I left the field that you never checked the roof lining. Oh well, that's an excuse for you to pop along to edition ;)

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Haha,

I did think that also, as said ill check it out at edition! I`ll be coming just been givin another 12months to keep the car by the miss`s, when the mortgage comes the car goes :( good job were only looking to rent at the moment! :D

I cant help but think i proberly lost points because of my front seats so i`ve been looking at buckets today just need to decide what ones i want then its out with the back aswell!