Brad's Platinum Grey Revo Stage 2 Leon Cupra R

What colour hoses should i do

• Purple hoses

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • Black hoses

Votes: 29 47.5%

• Total voters

Ed30

The rtech mk4. What a machine. Shows u what can be achived if u take your car to someone who really knows what theyre doing when it come to moddin/mapping. And nick from r tech prooved that today. Would u still not consider using them brad?

Poverty

The rtech mk4. What a machine. Shows u what can be achived if u take your car to someone who really knows what theyre doing when it come to moddin/mapping. And nick from r tech prooved that today. Would u still not consider using them brad?

1.8T is a complete different kettle of fish to the 2.0tfsi though alex.

You need to get some revo, then on a gd day you will be doing high 12s

brad1

Why would i consider using them, my stage 2 is fine, its you who needs to consider someone else to map your car properly, Edition 30 with stage 2 and its DSG running only 13.7, pretty poor if you ask me. There was a few revo stage 2 Edition 30's and stage 2 Mk2 leon cupras all running below 13.4's.

Ed30

Was my first ever run up pod. I was pretty pleased with it tbh considing how bad my launches were. Lol was shocked i was even gettin in the 13s. Id prob blame the driver today. Have too see. Cant afford a hpfp yet notnafter payin out for new brakes, splitte and slam panel. Broke!

brad1

Was my first ever run up pod. I was pretty pleased with it tbh considing how bad my launches were. Lol was shocked i was even gettin in the 13s. Id prob blame the driver today. Have too see. Cant afford a hpfp yet notnafter payin out for new brakes, splitte and slam panel. Broke!

Was my first ever time in the LCR, completely different to driving a diesel on the strip. Id be pretty pi55ed that my MK5 stage 2 Edition 30 with DSG only put .1 of a second into a MK4 GTI dogger. Anyway enough of clogging up my readers ride thread with sh1t.

Poverty

what was your terminal speed?

lennyford

Why would i consider using them, my stage 2 is fine, its you who needs to consider someone else to map your car properly, Edition 30 with stage 2 and its DSG running only 13.7, pretty poor if you ask me. There was a few revo stage 2 Edition 30's and stage 2 Mk2 leon cupras all running below 13.4's.

I though 13.7s was a good result from just stage2 and exhaust? from what I read only cars with HPFP and the stage 2+ Revo are quicker?
Just looking here and read Revo Stage2+ with the HPFP running 13.2s
http://www.r32oc.com/events/8352-santa-pod-forum-shootout-3.html

brad1

Considering I've seen two other stage 2 LCR's run 13.6 and the stage 2 Edition 30's with DSG only cracked a 13.7, now them two LCR's are quick, after a few more practice runs in the near future I'll hopefully nail it down to them times ;)

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
I though 13.7s was a good result from just stage2 and exhaust? from what I read only cars with HPFP and the stage 2+ Revo are quicker?
Just looking here and read Revo Stage2+ with the HPFP running 13.2s
http://www.r32oc.com/events/8352-santa-pod-forum-shootout-3.html

I ran a 13.1 @ 109mph when mine was Stage 2 with Milly TBE (GTI System, not ED30) and ITG Panel filter. So that 13.7 @ 105mph is a little down on what a Stage 2 DSG KO4 should run to be fair..
Stage 2+ will run 12's. Mine ran a 13.1 @ 112mph on Sun with a quite embarrassing 2.56 60ft. Considering my 13.1 @ Stage 2 had a 2.2 60ft, there is plenty of room for improvement when getting more than 3 poxy runs in. Cheers Santa Pod organisers.. [:@]

Ed30

My terminal speed was almost 109 mate. Which kinda prooves my point that the issue isnt with the. Car. It was my ability at getting off the line. I reckon with some practise i coulda easily knocked it down it 13.4 or lower i just didnt quite know how to approach launching. Once i was going it was fine. And only had 3 runs...which were my first ever on a drag strip. Which is why i was pretty pleased. On mkvoc all the cars that make 12s have race/track tires. So maybe investment in some r888s may help ;) Hoping to have the hpfp for the next visit along with revo dsg map. Then who knows

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
My terminal speed was almost 109 mate. Which kinda prooves my point that the issue isnt with the. Car. It was my ability at getting off the line. I reckon with some practise i coulda easily knocked it down it 13.4 or lower i just didnt quite know how to approach launching. Once i was going it was fine. And only had 3 runs...which were my first ever on a drag strip. Which is why i was pretty pleased. On mkvoc all the cars that make 12s have race/track tires. So maybe investment in some r888s may help ;) Hoping to have the hpfp for the next visit along with revo dsg map. Then who knows

Do apologise mate, I read that it was 105mph :doh: 109mph is good going and all you need now is some more practise.. ;) Be careful though, as it fooking addictive :D

I don't want to change anything on mine regarding tyres, removing seats etc as I would like to be the first to get into the 12's in 'Road Trim'.. ;) Going off my times and 60ft times on sunday, i'm pretty sure it will happen next time round too. So long as Pod allow me more than 3 runs on a oil covered track.. [:@]

Poverty

They say each gear change on a dsg car is 0.3 secs quicker than a manual, 3 gear changes down the pod, equals 0.9 secs.

The quickest fwd manuals are doing 12.9s with a terminal of up to 115mph, you two have your work cut out, granted those two cars did so without the back seats, and only a driver seat onboard.

Ben I reckon next year you will be doing 13.7s consitently once we can all get some decent runs in.

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
They say each gear change on a dsg car is 0.3 secs quicker than a manual, 3 gear changes down the pod, equals 0.9 secs.

DSG is quicker, for sure. But no way 0.9 of a second over the 1/4 Jas. More like .3 to .4 over someone who's handy on the stick..
Sigh did a 13.3 in his Stage 2+ Cupra don't forget mate (albeit with a WOT box) and Al managed a 13.6 with full road trim and less mods than he finished on.

The quickest fwd manuals are doing 12.9s with a terminal of up to 115mph, you two have your work cut out, granted those two cars did so without the back seats, and only a driver seat onboard.

And quite a few more mods ;)

Ben I reckon next year you will be doing 13.7s consitently once we can all get some decent runs in.

I bloody hope not mate, that's going backwards.. :lol: I assume you mean 12.7? 12.7 would be pushing it I think, but going off my normal 2.2 60ft compared with Sunday's 2.5s and 2.6s it should easy do a 12.9. Just a shame there's only one left this year (next week).. Boo

Last edited:

brad1

This is a fairly big update, i dont know where to start actually. I was wrong to mis-judge R-T e c h. Basically a few of my mates have golf mk4 gti's mapped by R-T e c h. One of them and Nick from R-T e c h said they would get more power from my car with more time spent on it and do it for nothing just to prove his mapping skills. So after alot of facebook banter, i thought why not, i aint loosing anything. Took the 3 hour trip up to R-t e c h today and Nick checked over the car, did a boost leak (smoke) test and all come back fine. He got it on the dyno and started logging it and playing around. After a few rolling road runs to see what it was doing, he said the graph looks like a Revo. Weird i thought as i asked for a AmD map when i got it stage 2. So Nick connected up the laptop and bang, Revo software appeared showing the Boost, Timing and Fuel settings. Bit cheesed off at this moment in time as i was told it was a AmD map and clearly they have mapped it with Revo. In a way im happy as Revo is better software and its what i wanted in the first place, but AmD did me a deal on AmD software so i saved money really on Revo software. But its not about being told your having this and later finding out it isnt what you got told you were having. Dont get me wrong, i cant fault AmD, the work they have done on my car has always been top work, i just felt a little let down by this issue about maps. Anyway, Nick started messing around with the settings to set it up to what works best with the car. After a few plays etc, Nick diagnosed that i have a weak actuator spring and the boost isnt holding as it should. Nick done the best he could with what we had. Nick also replaced the one way valve in the PCV system and cleaned out the throttle body just for peace of mind. After a few more runs on the rollers and playing around with settings, it was done. The difference in the car is mental, it just flies now, its like a new car, the boost seems to just hold to the red line with no drop off in power as it started dropping off in power way before the red line before. Nick is ordering me in a uprated forge actuator for a good price, so i will go up and get that fitted and the map played around with again. I cant wait to see what the car goes like with a new actuator :) Theres no point me posting RR figures at the moment plus they are just pub talk, but the area under the graph is what matters and how it drives on the road. Just to show you his customer based side, he spent 7 hours on my car today and didnt charge me anything. Just goes to show customer service

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
That's great stuff mate, good to hear you are happy with the service and the car. Bit of a shame that you got something you never asked for but hey looks like it all turned out well. Interested to see how the car reacts to the forge actuator as I am debating whether to go for one. Keep us updated :)

brad1

Yeah, can't wait to see how it performs with the actuator, I'm just a bit scared due to some of the horror stories accompanied with the forge actuator, but Nick reassured me that he could set the actuator up and avoid any unnecessary boost spikes etc. So there's reassurance there :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.