BTCC Brands Hatch post race thread!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
If I'd have had the option of only one circuit, one weekend, one location - I would have asked for Brands Hatch, GP Circuit, Last race of the year, South Bank

And I got it - really really good racing - even had 2 mins with Tom Boardman to ask him a couple of Q's - I think he's looking forward to his test in a BTCC car - I wonder when that'll be.

Not made it into any press shots (yet) but I know we got a mention on TV, I wonder if we got 'on' TV. Alan Hyde got us on the PA - truly SCN is on the map.

Like Z said - thanks to Scott & Verity - you know we couldn't do it without your help! But hope you like your Mug V :D it's all I had on me.

I wanna sleep now - but it's work time. I'll process the Reports when I get home though!

Mark

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
It's all been said but thanks M0rk and others. Go to Brands a lot 1st time on south Bank. Liked it. (I did move my car 'cos I thought it was going to rain and had already had a bit of sideways!!) I was the pillock who took a load od SEATS on a diversion arounfd the medical centre. Serves you lot right for not using the map m0rk sent you ha ha!!

Glad I was not a marshall at the bottom of Paddock, when the Clio dropped it.

Brands is still the best place to watch motor racing (for me any way)

Blanco

Thanks Mark(s) for a great day.
Apologies to whoever was following me in yesterday, when I took them on a scenic detour of the wrong car park. :doh: I really was the wrong person to follow!

simon20vt

What a brilliant day - thanks to Mark and Zboyd for the perfecto organisation. Not sure I was quite prepared for the offroading on the South Bank but luckily no trips to body shop required. Sure woke up The Boss from her catnapping!

Thanks again guys. See you next year!

STEVE V CUPRA R

Thanks Mark, great day and nice to see so many SEAT's turn out.

Thanks again.

Steve :thumbup:

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Thanks as usual to m0rk & Zboyd, great racing.

Never been to watch at the GP circuit before, Pilgrim's Drop and Dingle Dell were good spots to watch from.

Managed to blag a couple of grandstand tickets, thanks to whoever that was, completely out of the blue.

And traffic! Left after the last Cupra race, got sent south on the A20 (which was a good move as everything was solid northbound) and finished up on the M25 going round through Surrey, which was one of my back-up plans. Traffic not too bad, went M40-M6 and got home just before 11pm.

A really impressive lineup of cars, I particularly liked the bengal Ibiza ;)

Can't wait for the calendar to be released for next year so I can plan my weekends!

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
Thanks again to everyone involved for a really great day.

Was nice to meet timthebrief and JW.

Really looking forward to next year now and getting to know some of the central lot a bit better.

Are we having a Christmas party?

tiggerman

Mark & zboyd

A thank you for your orgonising the passes for BH South Bank -well done, me & other half plus friend & his son all enjoyed ourselves - i have been going to brands for a long time but have not been on SB in recent years - nice to know that the muddy grass is still there - hence getting parked up on the bank was ......eh entertaining !!!!

Highlights of the day -

the clio carnage incident
close up of the grid board girls :p .....bloody hell they must have cold.......

irritations of the day -

the bloke who insisted on letting off his air horn within yards of my seating position, even when there was no racing going on...!!! [:@]

The que of traffic to get out of the track - very considerate of the BH to hand out jam buster route maps, but when we eventually got onto the main road the A20 was already jammed both ways. :confused:

Trust everyone else got home (eventually) & safely.

cheers

Grey Fox

Sep 6, 2001
Gloucester
My thanks too goes to everybody involved in organising this event. Trully Excellent day!
My first meet and definitely won't be my last, very impressive seeing all those SEATs in one place - made me feel very proud :cry: .
Was a bit touch and go arriving on that south bank, but worth it. More BTCC next year I think :thumbup: .

p.s. can anybody explain to me why lane discipline on the M25 does not apply :doh:

flashbsd

we came out, went left an ignored 30 prompts from my gps to say turn around, then discovered we had to and joined a big queue that way too! wasnt happy!

i did look out for you, but there were quite a few red leons there, and as yours has an LCR bodykit, i couldnt tell one from the other :redface:

indeed we will chat on thurs

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
flashbsd said:
top notch racing, very pleased, never been to brands before, and im already thinking of making it my 1st choice over silverstone. somehow managed to miss m0rk on the southbank gate, i assume i was too late? the bloke didn;t seem to know what i was talking about when i said where's the Seat Cupra net Mark.

on another note, is it me or are some of the guys off here not very chatty? i found most to just walk straight past you or ignore you if you said hello! maybe its because your older than me :p

good to see pickford do well in the final one, unlucky to plato, its a shame to see the seats getting a bashing from the woman driver and the honda's , looks as if they all have an issue with the toledo being infront of them! even hines got rear ended a few times on dingle dell

I know what you mean m8, we thought the same when we attended Donnington, which was our 1st BTCC. But as time goes on, you start recognising people and it gets better. Also, with so many people walking past you dont know whether they are SCN or joe public. And because most people are typically british, they like to keep themselves to themselves, doesnt necessarily mean unfriendly.

Phil

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
Empi5 said:
I know what you mean m8, we thought the same when we attended Donnington, which was our 1st BTCC. But as time goes on, you start recognising people and it gets better. Also, with so many people walking past you dont know whether they are SCN or joe public. And because most people are typically british, they like to keep themselves to themselves, doesnt necessarily mean unfriendly.

Phil

I kept thinking I should just wander up and introduce myself to people but the moment never seemed quite right.

That Clio race accident was *****y scary! I was marshalling at post 5 (Druids In) looking down the hill to post 4. All hell let loose at the top of Paddock Hill and I saw these 2 clios come out of the pack and spear straight into post 4. The impact of the first one caused an almighty bang, but it was nothing compared to the sight of the other clio barrel-rolling ten feet up in the air, clearing the barriers and landing inside the post! Thankfully all the marshals just about managed to get clear in time. The impact from the first clio was so big that even with the tyre wall in place, two of the armco support posts had been snapped off (7 inch square wooden posts)!

Didn't get much time to concentrate on that incident though, as the rest of the field continued to play silly bu**ers, and we had 3 of them deposit themselves in our gravel at Druids.

Had a busy day at Druids. Several Formula BMWs, Clios, Formula Renaults and the odd touring car. Dan Eaves came to rest at our post, having coasted all the way from the incident on the main straight to the top of Hailwood Hill. Right at the end, Luke Hines unceremoniously deposited himself in our gravel having left his braking a good 10 feet too late. The marshal that got to him said Luke's hands were shaking so badly he couldn't even undo the clips that held up his side-netting, so had to be helped out of the car.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
flashbsd said:
very nice photos, what camera did you use coxw?

Thank you! ;) Nikon D2H with 2X teleconverter and AF70-200 f2.8VR

D2H_2wb.jpg

03%20vr.jpg

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
thanks as always 4 sorting this meet out mark ;)

good day barbs is still hanging on well at least she let me watch the racing
was just looking and waiting 4 the phone 2 ring but it did not (thank god)
with me living in sittingbourne it did not take me long 2 get home
i dont no if people on the m20 thought i was an under cover cop as they all just moved over of cause i was only doing 72mph :whistle:

at least she can now have our 1st baby with not messing up the sc.n meets ( LOL ) :lol:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Empi5 said:

Phil

I remember those days - long ago.

But once you know a couple of people - they'll know a couple of other people & it just gets easier.

imagine it the other way around where everyone knows who you are, but you've not got the foggiest

cracking pics (unsuprisingly) warren. esp the Plato on the truck. that must have been my input.

Thanks to all that emailled me today as well :D

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
tris... please just be a little bit more considerate when you/barbs next decide to conceive! (don’t have sex in December/January!) :whistle:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.